Stairlight

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
AshaiRey

Stairlight

Post by AshaiRey »

Those low budget shops (Action and such) have all kind of goodies that are cheap for hacking and thinkering. If your experiment fails then it won't cost you an arm or a leg so to say. I found this LED light strip which is controlled by an IR remote.

Since it only has 4 controles it was easy to grab the IR codes with a IR reader made on a breadboard and an Arduino. For the IR receiver i just desoldered the IR receiver element. After reading the codes i extended the wires and attached the LED strip underneath the wall board of the stairs. I added two mini PIR sensors for movement detection and wired all to an Arduino for control. I just kept it simple and added a IR LED to the Arduino that it bound together with the IR receiver element to control the whole thing.

The LED strip has also a dim function and that will make it possible to fade-in and fade-out the light.
Bram
vincenttor

Re: Stairlight

Post by vincenttor »

nice job and idea indeed ! ;)
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Looks really nice!
groeten,
Harry
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I have bought a Kruidvat led stips once but the powersupply was really bad. I disturbed my Opentherm Gateway
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Have you tried shielding the psu ?

Return to “Home Automation Projects”