The hovtech logging project

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
hansieh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansieh »

Hi all,

Almost a year ago I started a home automation project.
I have got the inspiration from my high electricity bill and the “bwired” site.
I decided to learn more about MySQL, PHP and VB.

See my site at http://www.chamiri.nl (mostly in Dutch)
This site is a copy of my internal site so not all links works correctly.
You can get an impression on the logging I do.

[:)]Power consumption
[:)]Gas consumption
[:)]The state of the boiler for hot water and house heating.
[:)]Sun collector.
[:)]The WS3600 weather station.

Greeting,

Hans Hovenier

Hans Hov
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Hi Hans,

Nice! I must admit, you've got more things up and running in a year than i did... ;-)

I'm still working on my Gas and X10... more and more devices are being purchased and are still just waiting to be installed....

Right now i'm in the process of creating a solid layer for my own logging/monitoring/event processing software, so not much (none, actually) time is left for adding new devices.

So, back to your project, allthough it's hard to get the full picture with a couple of links which are not working, it looks like you've really accomplished something you can be proud of.

I was just wondering:

1. Are you writing your own software?

2. Are the charts generated "on the fly" or time-based?, because it takes some time to get them over here.

Regards,
Digit.
hansieh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansieh »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Digit</i>
<br />Hi Hans,

Nice! I must admit, you've got more things up and running in a year than i did... ;-)

I'm still working on my Gas and X10... more and more devices are being purchased and are still just waiting to be installed....

Right now i'm in the process of creating a solid layer for my own logging/monitoring/event processing software, so not much (none, actually) time is left for adding new devices.

So, back to your project, allthough it's hard to get the full picture with a couple of links which are not working, it looks like you've really accomplished something you can be proud of.

I was just wondering:

1. Are you writing your own software?

2. Are the charts generated "on the fly" or time-based?, because it takes some time to get them over here.

Regards,
Digit.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hi Digit,

Thanx for your reaction

Yes, I am writing my own software in VB6 and PHP.
I am not a real programmer but I get a lot of help from the internet.
Everything on the site is real-time but also under construction.[:)]

When I have some spare time( I am very, very busy lately ) a put some information, how it is done on the site.

Groet,

Hans Hov

Return to “Home Automation Projects”