My first project: central ventilation with PLCBUS

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
pyotr
Starting Member
Starting Member

My first project: central ventilation with PLCBUS

Post by pyotr »

The idea is to control the ventilator of the central ventilation system (in Dutch: "warmteterugwininstallatie") of my new apartment from both the kitchen and bathroom using PLCBUS.

This system, an Agpo Optifor HR, is connected to a 2-setting rotary switch in the kitchen; the 3rd setting with the lowest ventilation is not user selectable, but is engaged by the central heating (through OpenTherm) when no warm tapwater was requested in the last 24 hours. The Optifor has a special connection ("kroonsteentje") for starting a timerbased cooking setting which I intend to use for the domotica stuff. That way I can leave the Perilex connection as-is.

So the plan is:
0) turn the rotary switch to "normal" and replace the switch button with a blind faceplate so the ventilator can not be controlled through the Perilex connection anymore
1) connect a 3160MS dry contact ("potentiaal vrije") module to the Optifor
2) put 2 2267 modules for appliances behind mechanical rockers (switches) in the bathroom / kitchen
3) use a 4034 command module to program the PLCBUS stuff
4) program the Optifor to keep the ventilator running at high speed for another 5 (or so) minutes after it receives the off signal

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

Total cost of the PLCBUS stuff is about 140 euro including shipping. In case anyone is interested, the manual of the Optifor (PDF format) is at http://www.agpoferroli.nl/bestand/140/handleiding page 16 deals with the electrical installation.

Return to “Home Automation Projects”