Domotica Project (Large)

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by Snelvuur »

Which phone is that pieter?
ktruyens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by ktruyens »

Hi Pieter,

This is a standalone application indeed. It's written in VS2005 using the Microsoft Compact .Net Framework 2.0 (size on PDA after compile is currently 102K). The communication between the mobile application and the house-system is run through the HTTP protocol over IP (so yes, flies through any possible firewall :) should there be any) - so there's never really data on the device or within the application (appart from the data you're looking at). In order to control the house automation, I've written a web service which has access to the powerline gateway (also internally using a TCP/IP gateway I've written).

Hope this explains a bit. Oh yeah ... how long it took to develop this? One (wild) night! :):):)

Rgds,
Kris

Check my project on http://domotica.computercity.be
ktruyens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by ktruyens »

@ snelvuur

I originally bought the RFXCom equipment for the receiver (which is great if I may add!). Since I didn't know it at all, I also included a temp sensor for testing. Now, the RFXCom temp sensos does his work really good, but does not have the looks that work for me in my house. I therefor equiped all of the rooms with an Oregon THGR228N sensors. They look cool (little LCD screen et all) and work smooth with the RFXCom receiver independant of channel limitations.

Obviously the RFXCom sensors have additional benefits when it comes to further expanding and interconnecting 1-wire sensors and I will use them as well when required.

Hope this explains.

rgds,
Kris

Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">snelvuur Posted - Today : 12:22:08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which phone is that pieter? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I think I take the Samsung I600 Smart phone. But the phone is not that important for me, important is the HSDPA subscription (Sim Card) with high speed Internet. So with bluetooth etc, everywhere I go I'm online' Also good for my GPS tracking system including Camera.

http://www.samsung.com/nl/products/mobi ... h_i600.asp

Regards Pieter
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hi Pieter,

This is a standalone application indeed. It's written in VS2005 using the Microsoft Compact .Net Framework 2.0 (size on PDA after compile is currently 102K). The communication between the mobile application and the house-system is run through the HTTP protocol over IP (so yes, flies through any possible firewall :) should there be any) - so there's never really data on the device or within the application (appart from the data you're looking at). In order to control the house automation, I've written a web service which has access to the powerline gateway (also internally using a TCP/IP gateway I've written).

Hope this explains a bit. Oh yeah ... how long it took to develop this? One (wild) night! :):):)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> Thank you Kris,
Yes once you have your home automation system in Dot.Net it's fairly easy to make a Dot.net Compact (mobile) version with reuse of code [:)] If you have created a webservice then it's also easy to make a Html client for us to have a peek.
Regards Pieter
ktruyens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by ktruyens »

Pieter,

I will release all the software as opensource shortly. Off course I will make some downloadable compiled versions so others can have a look :) (READONLY!!)
I have still two weeks of exams, but after that we'll start rocking!

Kris

Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by Bwired »

If you are studying Home Automation it will be a piece of cake for you to get your degree :-) Good luck on your exams.
Niknik

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by Niknik »

You have a really great project. I'll certainly appreciate using some of your ideas for my own home. :)

thanks for releasing it as open source!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Domotica Project (Large)

Post by Snelvuur »

Kris,

Did you manage to tell on the site what kind of cables you need? Which stuff you need to take into account if you have a new house being build to make sure you get everything right :-)

Return to “Home Automation Projects”