Visonic PowerMax + Powerlink

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
midtskogen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by midtskogen »

A while ago I bought a Powerlink for my PowerMax Pro. I've never used its web interface, the only reason for buying it was to get a computer interface for my PowerMax in order to do some interesting things.

So I made a command line interface, so that I could send commands to PowerMax from my computer, such as arming/disarming etc. I mainly use this to arm to home automatically in the evening and disarm in the morning.

I've also made a program which logs all activity from sensors and the panel. I mainly use it to switch on lights temporarily (X10) when motion is detected or a door is opened.

Since the Powerlink basically has the same hardware as a Linksys NSLU2 (a cheap NAS), I also managed to get the Powerlink binaries to run just fine on a Linksys NSLU2 running OpenSlug. This offers me a "backup" of the Powerlink itself in case my hacking breaks it beyond repair, and also a safe platform to experiment on.

Does anyone else have the Powerlink and has done anything interesting with it?
itf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by itf »

Hi midtskogen

Have you managed to hack into the PowerLink module? I don't like the user interface and would like to customise it, but I cannot get access to a telnet/ssh or other console to change the device.

(I have also managed to forget my login details!!)

Can you shed anymore light on accessing a linux shell?

Thank you for any help
Keith
midtskogen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by midtskogen »

I don't think it's wise to give out the root password publicly. Please contact me at steinar@latinitas.org and I'll help you out.
midtskogen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Visonic PowerMax + Powerlink

Post by midtskogen »

I've been receiving a lot of requests about this, and it turns out that there are several very good reasons for being able to use the "backdoor". So if you want to bypass the regular user interface, go to http://voksenlia.net/powerlink/ and see how there.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

thanks for the great information
I just got the new powerlink2 for the Powermax Pro, hopefully I can do something with this on this new version of the powerlink
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

One of the other things that the network sniffing revealed was that Powerlink communicates with one of Visonic's servers in Israel (212.179.58.186 = myhome.visonic.com), passing on information such as changes in the alarm's status. This alone is a reason good enough why any user should know the backdoor to be able to disable this "feature". Even worse, the communication is via unencrypted http meaning that not only do you tell Visonic whether you're at home or not, but anyone with access to the network between you and Visonic can (theoretically) spy on you. Some information can actually be deduced from the URL's which probably means that if you live in an EU/EEA country, your ISP is required to store all this information up to two years due to the infamous Data Retention Directive, so that your government can have a record of when you leave your house and when you get home, and when you go to bed and get up if you regularly arm to the "home" mode. Stasi would drool if they had been shown the technology.
You must be kidding, the powerlink is sending data from your/my Powermax Pro to a Visonic server in Isreal??
That would be unbeleivable
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Tried all your passwords telnet, ftp, but no luck
not able to login
any tips for hacking the powerlink2
fishtank
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fishtank »

more importantly: got anyone it to work at all ?!?!?!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

RobbieR
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RobbieR »

I just bought 2 powerlinks pro module kts 10.02.2010 is whats on the box p/n: 90-200360 REV;A

When i log in with the master code default Admin/Admin123 i don't get the userinterface thats on the manual.pdf, this user interface is way diffrent and i can't seem to add any camera's like they tell you in the .pdf file.

Setup tells me its HW:123 software version:2.2.14.5000

can someone clearefy my in whats up ? I bought these from ADI Global but they don't seem to have a glue , they first send me the powerlink2 but they where not for my version of the powermax that i bought 2 months ago :(.

very strange, it won't email won't sms won't add new network camera's. i think its an old version of the powerlink pro module.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i bought powerlink 1 last year april with sw version 3.1.10 hw 123

labium
hnoor0077
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hnoor0077 »

Can you shed anymore light on accessing a linux shell???????

Return to “Home Automation Projects”