miele@home

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

miele@home

Post by Snelvuur »

As you can see, my kitchen oven with supervision, showing the devices connected to miele@home, what they are doing. The little grey device can be place anywhere in the house (as long as you connect the info panel in a socket/power somewhere)

Indicates how long things are still going, or when there is a error (like no more salt in the dishwasher for instance)

now to get my hands on the xml gateway for miele@home, will be another task still enough to do.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

miele@home

Post by r_255 »

Looks very nice... !!

thanx for sharing.
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

miele@home

Post by Esteban »

Cool, I like that orange display as well, looks very clean.

Ciao,
Esteban
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

miele@home

Post by Snelvuur »

Today i finished the induction cooking plate. My eyes really drooled when i saw the next screen on my remote:

As you can see, it will indicate that the cooking plate is "on" but will also indicate which of the 5 are in use, and at what level they are running. You can also set a timer on the cooking plate, and that will also show on the display.

I found a dealer that will send me the Miele@home Gateway, which will give me XML readouts of the devices. So far i also tested it out with a xanura filter in place and a 200mbit ethernet over power device at the same time, and all seem to work without problems.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Noel

miele@home

Post by Noel »

Erik... Looks really nice, but please buy a better digital camera :-)

--
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

miele@home

Post by Snelvuur »

which camera? iphone 2g :) i need to get a new one i know.. but i hate getting out the camera thingy, then hook it up with usb and bla bla bla

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

miele@home

Post by Snelvuur »

Today the gateway xgw2000 arrived, basicly it produces XML outputs for the devices, still having issues with the induction cookplate not always wanting to show up..

But anyway, to give an idea what is possible, i assume there are much more commands but they are hidden for now but the hood allready has some action wide open.

left hood http://192.168.1.237:80/homebus/device? ... 1609560523
start http://192.168.1.237:80/homebus/device? ... rtLighting
stop http://192.168.1.237:80/homebus/device? ... opLighting

Right hood http://192.168.1.237:80/homebus/device? ... 1609561029
Stop http://192.168.1.237:80/homebus/device? ... opLighting
Start http://192.168.1.237:80/homebus/device? ... rtLighting

The first line (the hood lines) will give you a indication of the current status is.
The stop/start lines will ofcourse turn on/off the lights

When i have more time i will put some pictures online from the interface and some xml outputs (maybe on the wiki) to give some further information, also for other people to know.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

miele@home

Post by Bwired »

HI Erik,

The links are internal IPnr's?
I love the XML output, thats really easy to handle!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

miele@home

Post by Snelvuur »

yes the links are internal, forgot to change the ip to something more <change to your ip gw> thingy. but the system has its strange things... sometimes the info panel does not show up the same as the supervision and visa versa.. i finally had everything correctly and then i had a power failure in the house (problem with nuon) so now its screwed again.

but besides the quirks, it seems to be handling a xanura filter + plugwise models in between just fine.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: miele@home

Post by Snelvuur »

For those interested in knowing how the xml looks like. Or the gateway itself:

http://files.domoticaforum.eu/Miele/GA_ ... cam=/Miele

This is the manual (german) which has enough info, and otherwise google translate to the rescue if needed.
// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Erik,

google does not bring me much info, can you jump in a bit?
Does this work with all Miele devices or does it need special ones with this system enabled (and probably labeled somewhere?)
I know my Laundrymachine has a programming plug but never heard about this communication.
Where did you get the gateway and what are the costs of the system parts?

Thanks,

Bastiaan
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

@bastiaan: you need miele devices which have the miele@home brand on it. If your device has the miele@home you also need to have a communication module installed into it (which costs money ofcourse)

I bought my gateway at http://www.panitz-kuechen.de, they ordered it in germany for me and send it to the netherlands (they dont have them in .nl yet, dont know if they will come either)
Dont think you will come out of this cheap, i payed for the gateway around 900 euro's (with shipping) but then again, i got almost everything now with miele@home, only the fridge didn't came with miele@home (didn't have it in .nl at that time) and i wanted the one that came with a ice cube maker which can be build into the kitchen (instead of those american ones, where it is in the door) and then again, not much use of knowing the fridge.. but hey i even have the freezer a miele@home module for it (still need to hook that up)
// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Thanks for the info. I'll keep reading your stories, this is above budget :-)
Verkenner

miele@home and X10

Post by Verkenner »

Hi Snelvuur,

I installed Miele@home Gateway XGW 2000.
And a washingmachine and dishwasher, both with Communication modules XKM2000.

I think there are collisions because the domoticasystem (response of devices) seems to be slower then before.
And I see the errorLED on the (3~) Powerline coupler often blinks up.
When powerdown the Miele-Gateway the X10-devices response as normal.

Question:
Is there any interference between the X10 (powerlinecomms) and the Miele@home Gateway?
Can I use FM10-filters on some place?

Thank for help.
Verkenner
Best regards, Verkenner
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

well i actually have those xanura filters in place, although i dont use it.. this could perhaps show why its "ok" on my end.
Dont forget that the more devices a miele@home device has to send to it will become slower. The system itself is not build on speed though.

I have all in use now with z-wave so i dont have that issue if there would be one.

Also as a side note, if you ever want to buy a miel@home extractor + cooking plate i would stronlgy advise against it. Have been using it for some time now and basicly it just doesn't work correctly.
If you put something on, it should start to extract the air, often this takes too long and the lights dont jump on. Then when you finish cooking and sit down, the extractor start to turn on its own and the light turns on or the other way around even. I have disabled parts to life normally now with it but its just a pitty and a waste of money. All the other items and the miel@home info panel work ok, they do what they are intended to do.
// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Home Automation Projects”