IRTrans - What do you use it for?

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
lagommette
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lagommette »

Hello,

You may have heard of my application HC-SKIPPER. This app lets you drive your home cinema equipments from ligths, screen and shutters to DVD players, amplifiers, projectors etc.

It was first developped for the USB UIRT but I recently implemented the IR TRANS activeX in its 3rd release. The "philosophy" of IR Trans is pretty much different and it forced me to rewrite most of HC-SKIPPER.

This is why I am looking for people that would be interested in testing this beta release. Indeed, I only own the USB IRTrans device and it would be great if someone could test it with an ethernet device.

The test period will last until end of september. After this date, the test platform will be closed and the application will only be available from the official web site.

If you are interested, please send me an email to support@hc-skipper.com. The 5 first persons will get a free license for one year of use.

Regards,

lagommette
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

I was at HC-Skipper homepage.
What can you do more than Homeseer can do?
Can you first tell us more about you product.

License for 1 year is new for me in the end user software.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
lagommette
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lagommette »

I do not compare HC-SKIPPER to Homeseer. These are two different products.

HC-SKIPPER has been specially developped for Home-Cinema rooms. It is simple to configure and simple to use with a good looking graphical interface (don't you think so ?). It does less than Homeseer that 's for sure, but it is also much cheaper: 29 euros for the first year, then 9 euros for the following years. All upgrades are free.

Many end user softwares run under licenses. HC-SKIPPER works with a global centralized database. It enables data sharing and represents security for data. If you have to change your PC for any reasons no re-configuration is needed. This has a cost. More, you can stop using it when you want to without loosing to much money. I thought this was an interesting principle.

If you own an IRTRans then it's risk free. Just have a go and tell us what you think of it. If you have good ideas for making it evolve then I'll try to implement them.

My english is not that good so I am not pretty sure to have answered your questions. If not, do not hesitate to solicit me.

Best regards,

lagommette
lagommette
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lagommette »

To reply to DJF3-2, yes my wife adores HC-SKIPPER ! and my children also :)
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

@Lagomette,
Your graphics looks great.
I own 3 Ethernet versions of Irtrans and have a Home-Cinema..that is fully automated.
Controlling is done via Homeseer / Irtrans / Zwave / X10 / Plugwise / Rfxcom
Not sure what your application can add to my system.

I like to try i will send you a e-mail

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
lagommette
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lagommette »

My application will add nothing to your system. I guess I'm too late... Homeseer has financial power and human resources I do not have :(
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Maybe I should open a new topic, but my question is surely related.

I allways wondered how you send the IR signals reliable to the HE system. In other words where do you place the IR transmitter ??

Thanks,
Rien

Return to “Home Automation Projects”