Front door control

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Front door control

Post by TANE »

Hi All,
Since a few weeks I was working on a new project to get my front door controlled via domotica.

<b>Goal was:</b>
Easy usage
Control via the Visonc keyfob
Homeseer connection
Auto close when armed
No wires
No modification of the front door

<b>Hardware:</b>
Abus CFA 1000 - Hometec
Abus CFB 1000 Keyfob
Profielcilinder 30/40
Marmitek UM7206
Visonic Powermax plus

After some modification of the Abus CFB 1000 I had 4 wires that are available for connection to the Visonic via the PGM and the UM7206 (modification is done by the supplier of the hardware www.waakzaamwonen.nl)

Door unlock/open can only be done via the Visonic keyfob AUX (secure)
Door lock is done via X10 UM7206 connection

When the House is armed there is a X10 command send to the UM7206 for locking the door

Homeseer is sending a lock command to the UM7206 every night after 22:30h

Enver

Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Front door control

Post by Snelvuur »

The X10 command is not 2-way right? So you cant be sure your door is really really closed. Doesn't it get bulky near your door with the doorknob + um7206?

The http://www.dhondt.com/nl/12131 Simons & Voss looks nice too..

TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Front door control

Post by TANE »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />The X10 command is not 2-way right? So you cant be sure your door is really really closed. Doesn't it get bulky near your door with the doorknob + um7206?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">You are right not 100% sure
Is the same with one way alarm key fobs like the current Visonic.

Arm Away is done directly so I can hear the Visonic saying "Alarm is Actief" and directly the door is locking...you can hear this from 10 meters.

The um7206 is connected to the Abus remote rf key this one is in the meterkast.
If the RF key open or lock is not working you can still use the original key.

simons & voss looks nice....but this one will not lock my door you have manually turn to do that.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Front door control

Post by Bwired »

Hi All,
Again we have the same interest [:D] of course
An electronic door lock is on the top of my list, but a good and solid solutions is expensive. I did not know the Simon's & Voss. these are all interesting options to. I want to add my preferred option.
In the Bwired house I want the Nemef Comforte electronic doorlock
http://www.nemef.com/consumer/producten/comforte.html
This is a 3 way lock, so it secures your door at 3 point (upper, lower middle) it comes with a secure remote for opening it from the outside. And the best part is that it has a remote control box (see picture) Which can be connected to every domotica system for status opening closing etc.
The parts in the picture are the controlling parts of the lock. These parts I already have :-) Only the lock I'm missing...... it's expensive
Regards Pieter

[img]http://www.domoticaforum.eu/uploaded/bw ... _nemef.JPG"[/img]

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Front door control

Post by Snelvuur »

Can you tell us an indication of the prices of the parts, since i cant seems to find it 1.2.3. on the website.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Front door control

Post by Bwired »

I have the same problem, can't find a thing about that. I even send some mails to Nemef but no answer.
I think you have to mail or call a supplier of the Nemef to get it. I will look it to again. Within a couple of months I want that Nemef Comforte lock to be operational and on Bwired. The parts in the picture I bought from Ebay for little :-)
Lets keep this topic posted.
Pieter
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Front door control

Post by TANE »

My system is also 3 way lock
Total investment was 250 euro

Nemef system was also my first choice
Total investment cost was almost 1000 euro...and avalibity of the product is also a problem.

Enver
rickk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Front door control

Post by rickk »

Chak: are you still happy with the solution? I'm contemplating the exact same setup...
rickk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Front door control

Post by rickk »

What I'm also wondering about... If the door is locked and you press the "openen" button, will it open the door or does it require the door to be unlocked first?
I'm wondering because I'd primarily like to use this lock to open the door from my Visonic keyfob. If it requires first the "unlock" signal, and only after that the "open" signal I have a bit of a challenge...

- Rick
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Front door control

Post by Snelvuur »

Rick, thats a good question, if that is the case then it would be a good system though. But still i think alot of people here also started something fun in home automation to only find out it was pretty rubbish afterwards.. (like my voip linksys wifi phone)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Mhwlng

Front door control

Post by Mhwlng »

If I look at the picture in the first post, this hardware is also sold by Conrad ('keymatic') and also by www.MyPowershop.eu (that is where I ordered mine, should arrive tomorrow)

I plan to modify the rf keyfob myself (connect a 1-wire relay to it
from http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/pro ... ts_id=1504

because I always forget my keys, I wanted access without carrying anything (keyfob/key/rfid tag etc.)

at the moment, I have a completely invisible 'secret' button at the inside of the wooden wall, next to my front door from here :

http://www.touchswitchesdirect.co.uk/

works great through a wooden wall and through my double glazing...

I connected it to an SM10 powerflash interface, so it works in Girder...

there are some additional safeguards, so that the button only works, if my bluetooth mobile phone is in-range (either in my pocket, outside the front door or inside, in it's charger) and the motion detectors don't detect motion inside...)

In the future, I might switch to one of these :

http://www.coastform.co.uk/pdf_files/Pr ... _Flyer.pdf

a 16 button through-glass touchpad

to enter a security code

Marcel
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Front door control

Post by Snelvuur »

The thing i want the most, is like one of those plastic cards, you can swipe beside a sensor to open the door (which you can still keep in your wallet, or just bump your behind at the wall) all the other ones are with keyfobs or rf or similar, i'am to afraid i push the button by incident :)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
rickk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Front door control

Post by rickk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />The thing i want the most, is like one of those plastic cards, you can swipe beside a sensor to open the door
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Conrad sells some stuff for this in their "toegangssystemen" category...
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Front door control

Post by Snelvuur »

http://www.eurolocks.nl/prod/index.html ... rface.html does most, remote control, has an option to connect to x10 via on/off box, does unlock, lock and open. But no swipe system.. Didn't see it at conrad though, unless you mean the transponders (which look like crap)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Mhwlng

Front door control

Post by Mhwlng »

Conrad also sells that same device ('keymatic'), but it requires a wire from your door to the control box.
connecting a relay to the rf keyfob doesn't require any wires...

Marcel

Return to “Home Automation Projects”