firsts charts..

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Niknik

firsts charts..

Post by Niknik »

Nice look!
Though, if i may *criticise*, I think the graphs don't give a quick "general" view at a glance, you need to take time to look for it and scroll around (while it should be the opposite effect).
But hey, it's your home, you're free to do as you prefer! ;)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

firsts charts..

Post by Snelvuur »

Thats need to be made better i know, i'll make some like "at a glance" with an option to few the graphs or something like that. Rome was not build in 1 day :) But at least i got a nice look and feel which fits my needs. And with a cms system i can be really lazy and still use my own code for nicer things.. I only want the photo album to also show the normal sidebar, but have not seen a way to fix it, and it doesn't yet look fantastic as to "ok" what it is now.
Niknik

firsts charts..

Post by Niknik »

yes, I know it takes time. was just doing some constructive critics. :)
btw, which CMS are you using? (i'm used to doing everything, sometimes it's nice to check what's availble to save some time!)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

firsts charts..

Post by Snelvuur »

Its wordpress.. after some time, this is the most user friendly and easy one. All the others are too bloated or too much toggles :)
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

firsts charts..

Post by b_weijenberg »

niknik,

Is your "easy-to-use" version ready for distribution? If not yet, when?

Bert
Niknik

firsts charts..

Post by Niknik »

Hi Bert,

No not yet. Not a lot of time lately.
And to keep it "simple", I was using a simple text-file data reader, which makes it extremely slow for most DB queries - while using SQL server is fast, but not practical for "easy to use" operation for most users.
Best approach will probably be using an MDB access DB. That way it shouldn't require any extra setup and still perform nice.

When some of my friends also get their RFX meter, I'll certainly have to "finish" it for them. :)

I'll be going into holidays next week, I'll try to find some time to finish it up.
FoRMaTC

firsts charts..

Post by FoRMaTC »

@ snelvuur.... why don't you use rrdtool for graphs ?
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

firsts charts..

Post by Snelvuur »

it just dont look nice.. its too much hassle to make it look the way i want. and to be honoust, i have most turned over to homeseer now, since i do like xpl-perl and linux, it just takes up to much of my time to really put effort in. The WAF factor is too high then..

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Home Automation Projects”