New development Active RFID

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Akatar

Re: New development Active RFID

Post by Akatar »

silence for over a year now
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I think it's better if I let Carlo explain the current status.
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Hi, I know it has been very silent for the last year, because I spent most of my spare time working on the RFID project.
I've been busy developing new RF products, based on the original RFID concept.
The new products are also remote controllable devices like LED drivers for RGB LED-strips.
The plans are to release the first products at the 1st of June, which are already presented at the web-shop of Tane.
These first products are a PC-module and a LED-driver, see website:

http://www.hashop.nl/domation
(Dutch language only, if you don't understand it, you can use a translater.)

The beauty of the LED-driver module is that you are able to control a lot of different (RGB) LED-strips from a single point.
The protocol is open, so you can integrate it easily in home-automation products like Home-Seer and Vera.
The products that will follow soon after these modules are: Active RFID modules, Remote-I/O modules, MiFare modules for access control and wireless COM-port modules.
At the moment I'm testing some final products at home and enjoying the nice light-effects that I can create now...
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

Great to see your efforts nearing fruition, Carlo. Good luck with putting those last 'puntjes op de 'i' before release!
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Short video demonstration how the RGB interface works with Homeseer Hstouch interface.

Controlling is done with basic command line scripting directly form Hstouch
example of the Red color
&hs.SendToComport 9, chr(&H01) & chr(&H03) & chr(&H00) & chr(&HFF) & chr(&H00) & chr(&H00)

Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Pretty responsive!
Rene.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Nice device, ecept to bad that its only USB
@Carlo: you still dont tell about the rfid release date? But switching to led project now in this rfid topic......
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

@Bwired see the current interface picture.
Sure there will be also the RS232 version available.
USB version is for the Vera and Homeseer users.

The base of the led driver and ARFID is the same.
PCinterface.jpg
PCinterface.jpg (45.04 KiB) Viewed 13790 times
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

would be nice with a rs232 interface. What is the max current for each channel? I guess it is also possible to drive led spot's?
** edwin **
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

The reason I've added LED-control to the RFID project is that it was possible to use the same technology, while I like to have LED-control for my own home.
With most (affordable) products it was not possible to control several LED-strips in different places from a single point and also using high frequency modulation for creating color shades.
(Most controllers give me a headache because of the low frequency flickering of the LEDs to mix colors.)

RFID will be available soon after the first release of the PC-module. This same PC-module can be used with the different modules, like the Active RFID module.
There will be both RS-232 (with separate power-supply connection) and USB versions available for the pc-module.

@ Edwin:
Most standard lightning, like LED-spot's, use 230Vac/50Hz or 24V. The modules for this type of lightning are not yet available. If your spot's work with voltages between 0...12V and use no more than 2.25A, you can use the LED-driver to control the spot's.

Some specs for the LED-driver module:
The output voltage of the LED-driver is 12 Volt.
With this module you can power up to 81 Watts.
There are three outputs for Red, green and Blue.
That is for each channel 27 Watt / 2.25 Ampere.

It is possible to connect 3 monochrome (for example white) LED-strips instead of one RGB LED-strip.
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

Thanks for the explanation. For the spots, i need to search for spot's without driver. Don't know if these exists with a good "warm" color and light angle :)
** edwin **
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

is it also possible to control the led driver simultanesly with a z-wave module and the pc module? zwave for someone who just want to put the light on and the pc module (will there be a tcp/ip module?) for those who have a hstouch device.
** edwin **
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Hello Edwin, can you explain more precisely how you would connect a z-wave module and the PC module and then how to control the led driver?
To prevent misunderstandings, the PC module does not use the z-wave protocol, they only make use of the same frequency-band (868MHz).
However, these systems do not interfere with each-other and can be used simultaneously (Both Z-wave and Domation-RF meet the ETSI regulations).
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

Actually ywo question in one :)
First, wil there be a control module that can be adressed via tcp/ip without rs232->tcp/ip server? (so i don't have to run a serial cable from my "meterkast" to my "schuur" in the back of my garden which already has a ethernet cable)
Second, would be nice if i could control on/off/dim locally in the "schuur" without depending on homeseer.

I now realice that when option 2 is in place and i could use a zwave module that question 1 is unnecessary.
** edwin **

Return to “Home Automation Projects”