New development Active RFID

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New development Active RFID

Post by Esteban »

It's still being worked on.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

Hijacking this topic: I would like to know how this product will track persons (http://www.ezhome.nl/nieuw-binnen-gekom ... emote.html). ZWave routing capabilities?
Alexander
mhn

Post by mhn »

QEES told us at our Danish meeting, that only the Zigbee version had tracking. It is apparently not possible with Z-Wave.

Regards
Morten
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I dunno.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

mhn wrote:QEES told us at our Danish meeting, that only the Zigbee version had tracking. It is apparently not possible with Z-Wave.
Well i would think it should be possible with ZWave, because you can see which device is routed by device. With all those zwave actors...
If its only zigbee, ezhome is not tell the truth on its page http://www.ezhome.nl/nieuw-binnen-gekom ... emote.html, but i guess that is related to the Qees doc that they released not telling it is only on zigbee: http://downloads.ezhome.nl/en/QEE/QEES_ ... Remote.pdf

Thanks and sorry for hijacking.
Alexander
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hows the status regarding the active rfid, still active?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Still dunno. AFAIK Carlo is still alive, and also still living on the same planet. Last contact was in 01-2010.
Tiz

Post by Tiz »

I have done some searching on what information is available on semi-passive RFID tags as they are called. Too much work to try and understand for me right now, but would the following links help Carlo or other people?

travisgoodspeed.blogspot.com/2010/06/ha ... badge.html
http://www.openbeacon.org/

At this moment I am a part time student and thus have access to all kinds of technical publications. On RFID I found all kinds of proposals for the software layouts of RFID systems and calculations that help to localize an RFID tag (or reader) based on signal strength. That did not strike me as the first thing needed, but if you think otherwise let me know. Maybe I can help.
Mathijs
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Hi, I'm still alive and I've also been busy with the RFID.
At the moment I'm spending my free time working on a contract-based project.
(After an expensive move to my new house, I could need some extra money to pay the development of the RFID...)
The project should be finished by the end of this month, so I continue with the Active RFID next month...

And yes, I know, money doesn't make happy,
you also need to have real-estate, shares, gold, etc... ;-)

I keep you informed!
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Carlo , i will pay for a good RFID SETUP working with Homeseer ! :D go on please !
Tiz

Post by Tiz »

I am really hoping that Carlo's solution will bring he price below cliste.sailwhatcom.com/active-rfid-home ... ion-bundle (or adds functionality of course)
This one even supports HomeSeer and I did not even know such a product was out there.
Last edited by Tiz on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mathijs
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

Let's keep it in english please.

There is a price indication given a couple pages back in this thread. Although it's an old one, it'll give you a ballpark idea. These ActiveRFID's shown in your link are not very reliable according to tests done by several members. That is probably why a lot of people are excited about this project here.
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Hi Tiz, and all others,

The main three reasons to develop our own active RF-ID is to make it affordable, usable and reliable.
So yes, the plans are unchanged: it will be cheaper and we can make it exactly according to our (the home-automation community) wishes.
It communicates with Homeseer, later on more communication-protocols can be implemented when needed, as well as more functionality.
Furthermore it is still the intension to make it more reliable/stable than we sometimes experience on existing commercial products.

Tnx for your patience,
Carlo
Uriel

Post by Uriel »

Also count me in for a set. Personal tags and for the car. Preferably for both with a large range (20-40 mtrs) because, for example, the car is about 20 mtrs from my house and any persons within the range you can start the events upon detection. Any way great work!! Respect for the developpers Carlo and Robert aka "Digit" :) :D :wink:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

As it's quiet for a few months now, I'm wondering if there is any News on the project or if it is abandoned/postponed for a long period?
Last edited by Jeffrey on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Home Automation Projects”