SC9000 Controller for Digimax 210 Thermostat

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
robinh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by robinh »

Hi boffs

I have just started looking at x10 so need some help. I am looking for a contoller that can monitor a minimum of 4 zones independantly. In each zone I will have heaters plugged into x10 am 2g plugs (2400Watts) and I will have a digimax 210 thermostat in that zone. I need to turn each zone on and off at least 3 times a day independantly of the other zones. Must also be able to use the setback temperaure ability of the 210 as well if need be. What I need is a 7day/24 hr timer for each zone that can do multiple time a day for each zone - on off or away.
All those that know the SC9000 - will this controller be able to do this. Can you recommend an alternative as wireless thermostats are an expensive when using multiple heaters and I think x10 would be cheaper.
Cheers Robin
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

Planning to grow some weed are we? :-)
robinh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by robinh »

Fraid not - it is a heating project for a church and chapel
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

If you need that much heat, why not using gas?
robinh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by robinh »

No gas in that area - propane gas is now expensive. I am using conservation heaters that are very energy efficient. They only use electricity for 28% of the time they are heating. The church is not used that often so the actual heating bill will not be high. It is a conservation project and the architects do not want to install the pipes you would need for a wet system.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Robin,
Reading the manual it looks like the Marmitek SC9000 is capable of handling your heating project. With the emphasize on looks, thats because the manual of the SC9000 does not go deep in those specific details. I don't use the SC9000 myself, but perhaps there is someone on the forum who has the panel together with the Digimax. Ther are some alternatives depending on the hardware in the church. If there is a computer you can use the rfxcom receiver together with some Oregon scientific (THGR228N) Temperature/Humidity sensors, Homeseer and a CM11. Then you have all the flexibility you want.
robinh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by robinh »

Thanks for your reply. All I really need to know is if the SC9000 will allow modules to be put on and off multiple times. The manual shows that you can program a module to come on and go off once but is very vague about multiple times. I know the SC2800 could turn a module on twice.
If someone out there has a SC9000 can they try turning a module on and off multiple times (at least 3) by program to an AM plug.
Many Thanks
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

That was my understanding to, the info is not very clear. There are some Marmitek SC9000 users on this forum, you can see them by searching on SC9000. Btw do you have this additional document about "Extending the SC9000 with the Digimax 210"
http://www.quixmultimedia.com/manuals/e ... igimax.pdf
robinh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by robinh »

Thanks again but info is not very clear. I will have to go to Marmitek and see if i can get clarification

Return to “Home Automation Projects”