New 3-point doorlock

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Post-IT

New 3-point doorlock

Post by Post-IT »

Today I finished installing my new 3-point doorlock. It's a HVN 971E/55 from Van Nelven Bouwbeslag.

More info about the lock:
- It is SKG*, SKG** and EN179 certified.
- It came with the following materials: 3-point lock, controller, control-cable, power-supply, magnet/sensor, sluitplaten and kabeldoorvoer (sorry, don't know the translation)
- I bought the lock through the Rotterdam Sleutel en Slotenhuis (http://www.sleutel-slotenhuis.nl)
- for a special price of €1000,-
- I had to buy a new cylinder with "vrijloop" function. When the key is not inserted, the locking pin moves freely. This is very important, because you can burn the motor when using a regular cylinder!

The Build:
I was lucky to have a regular 3-point lock installed, on which I used an Abus/Hometec with keymatic interface. So I removed the old lock, and did some minor adjustments to the door:
- slight adjustments to the compartments for the locks
- made an extra compartment for the motorunit using a rotor (bovenfrees)
- made a sleeve with the rotor for the control-cable, over the bottom of the door towards the back of the door. I put in the cable, and closed the sleeve by fitting in a thin piece of wood with glue. (Een gleuf gemaakt van 1,5cm diep en 6mm breed, kabel er in gelegd en dicht getimmerd met een eiken kantlatje in de gleuf met wat houtlijm)
- installed the cable entry thing in to the door post
- I installed the new plates and magnet in the door post
- Finally I ran the cables to the main controller and put the power on

How it works:
- The door has a day and night function, day is "un"locked but not open (no night bolt), night is locked with the extra night bolts (3 points)
- Night function is the regular function, when the door is opened the night bolt locks a few seconds after the door closes again
- The door can be opened with the handle on the inside when it is in day or night mode. Night mode takes a bit more effort and could be troublesome for little kids. When opening with the handle if the night bolt is on, it uses a so called panic function.
- The controller allows to externally manage the day/night function. So you can attach a timer device, or as I do...the RFXio interface
- The controller has a wireless receiver unit installed on the main controller-board to use wireless remotes or buttons. I don't know what frequency it uses anymore, but I can remember its not Visonic or RFXCOM compatible
- The lock has a monitoring function built in. Door open (using the magnet), and locking failure. If the night bolt can't be locked, it reopens and beeps. I still have to check if the alarm output on the controller is just for the open door, or also for the locking alarm.

I've attached some pics and video to show how it works.

The controller:
The inside of the controller unit
The inside of the controller unit
IMG_0139.jpg (113.42 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
The outside of the controller
The outside of the controller
IMG_0141.jpg (65.44 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
The locking plates and sensor:
Main plate
Main plate
IMG_0143.jpg (64.06 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
Magnet/sensor and bottom plate
Magnet/sensor and bottom plate
IMG_0145.jpg (68.17 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
Regular usage (in night mode):

Error on locking (my finger was on the mic, but you can hear the beeps in the end):
Post-IT

Re: New 3-point doorlock

Post by Post-IT »

I just got my resistors to connect the alarm input to my RFXio, so I can now tell the alarm output from the controller is normally connected, unless the door is open, in day mode or the night bolt is obstructed. So it is connected only when the night bolt is successfully on.

I thought this is what some of you guys wanted to have. Now you can measure if the door is really locked after you give the lock command.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

EUR 1000,- :oops: Won't tell this to my girl ;-)
Alexander
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

I know it's not cheap, but it works way better then the Abus/Hometec or Loxx solution. Furthermore the alarm function for the nightbolt is very handy.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Why is it better then the loxx?
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

My pro's for this lock against both on systems are:

1) No visible wires, but still a wired system
2) Panic function (door can always be opened from the inside without a key or hard to turn knobs)
3) No bolt on boxes (higher WAF)
4) Alarm function for night bolt check
5) It's fast! It doesn't turn the cylinder to open the door, so it's much faster then the others (<1sec.: both in day or night mode!)

Con's so far:
1) The lock is noisy (more then the bolt on boxes)
2) Using the night mode by default creates a low WAF, the handle can be quite heavy when using several times a day and it puts on the night bolt 4 seconds after I close the door. So I might want to change to day mode by default and attach it to my alarm to put the night bolt on when the alarm is on and after 20:00.

Return to “Home Automation Projects”