Receiving ELV door/window sensor data with mbed/rfm12

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Receiving ELV door/window sensor data with mbed/rfm12

Post by RDNZL »

I bought some nice door/window sensors from ELV almost a year ago.
They are cheap, look nice, but no support to read them was found, bummer :|
http://www2.conrad.nl/goto.php?artikel=616101

I believe they are the same ones as shipped with the thermostat controls.

Past weekend I started playing with the free mbed evaluation board I got via Elektor some time ago.
http://mbed.org/handbook/Tour

While looking for some nice project to build I searched the mbed site and stumbled upon a project from Charly, which you can find here.
mbed.org/users/charly/notebook/connecti ... ct-to-knx/
He has plans to connect the interface to his freebus hardware (KNX), a great idea.

(BTW: This site is an enormous source for electronic projects and info even if you don't have a mbed!)

So I build the circuit on a breadboard containing my mbed dev board, an rfm12bs (removed from a jeenode, sorry!) and a display I had laying around.

I kindly got the alpha code from him, loaded it, and it works!

Now I'm busy coding tcp socket code so I can access it from DomotiGa over the network, the lcd is just for testing.
The mbed has a buildin ethernet interface, so only a RJ45 socket needs to be added...
It has a zillion other ports and interfaces btw so Arduino/Jeenode eat your heard out. :)

I like mbed!
The code is not 100% error free yet, so more on this project will follow, either here or on domotiga.nl
Attachments
mbed breadboard v1.jpg
mbed breadboard v1.jpg (161.58 KiB) Viewed 6731 times
Regards, Ron.
jrkalf

Re: Receiving ELV door/window sensor data with mbed/rfm12

Post by jrkalf »

Ron if you want to know more about the protocol for this TF device check this site: http://fhz4linux.info/tiki-index.php?pa ... 20protocol

This device you're showing is a fht80tf used by use FS20 freaks in our FHT heating control systems :)
They're probably nog the cheapest devices, but by far the smallest I've seen sofar.

They're sending devices only. They don't respond to status requests from what I've experimented. (I have 8 running)
They send out a status every 4 minutes.

If you need any help, besides writing code, i'm willing to help.
My way of reading out these devices is via a CUNO device, if needed I can provide RAW communication dumps directly from the CUNO.

Jelle
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

Fibaro HC2, various z-wave switching, alerting, detection modules.
ELV FHT80b heating system.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Nice Ron!
I have a CUL (from busware.de) since yesterday which should also support these sensors I guess (can't try, don't have them, but I saw FS20 mentioned too often). With the right fw it should work out of the box. I am still working on my hall-effect sensor, which is a little bit cheaper and also a little bit smaller. But it needs more time to figure out on how to implement, not Plug&Play...
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

JC made a modification to the RF12 chip on the Jeenode to enable OOK mode on it too. Just published this week (this site is down now so I cannot link to it). This should make it possible to communicate with the FS20 stuff also.
Rene.
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

Digit wrote:Nice Ron!
I have a CUL (from busware.de) since yesterday which should also support these sensors I guess (can't try, don't have them, but I saw FS20 mentioned too often). With the right fw it should work out of the box. I am still working on my hall-effect sensor, which is a little bit cheaper and also a little bit smaller. But it needs more time to figure out on how to implement, not Plug&Play...
Yes Digit,

they're supported by the CUL. You're Rene from the fhem-users / Cul-fans mailinglist I take it?
The CULfw (same firmware as used in the CUNO I'm using) firmware supports these FHT80TF devices

Check out the FS20 thread on this forums, we have some more CUL/CUNO information in there about devices supported.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

Fibaro HC2, various z-wave switching, alerting, detection modules.
ELV FHT80b heating system.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

No, I'm not Rene...
Rene = Rene, and my real name is in the signature :)
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Nice to see an exotic platform.

In the jeenode rfm12b demo you can send fs20 commands, so might be intresting to have a look...
and there is even a fs20demo file in the lib.

http://jeelabs.net/projects/cafe/reposi ... 20demo.pde

" <hchi>,<hclo>,<addr>,<cmd> f - FS20 command (868 MHz)" "\n"

Return to “Home Automation Projects”