Just another door opener [project]

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Just another door opener [project]

Post by r_255 »

Recently i bought a keymatic from a forum fellow member, easy to use and install. Okay its not the most beatifull solution but for a new price of 59,95 ( the abus version at conrad ) there is not much to complain.

Now i am in this situation that i am living in a new house that follows the latest build regulations so yes i got these huge doors wich are not so easy to opperate for my granny that is living here in the summer time. Also there is this thing that i got my living on the 2nd floor and my cat loves to walk in and out so most of the time the door is standing open here. Something people cant understand these days but there is movement detection and camera in the hall way so intruders wil be detected, and sofar in 3 years i never catched something else than the cat of our naburs.

From that perspective ( excuse ) i had a look on our local ebay ( marktplaats ) and found some different options on a door openers.
After a few searches i ended up with this add that offered a dorma ed 200 including remote and wallbutton. Asking price was 75,- wich seemed fair for this new project i am thinking of. Swining open the door and closing the door thru homeseer.

This is the wireless interface that came allong with it, wich i am planning to replace by a relay unit.
foto1.JPG
foto1.JPG (112.72 KiB) Viewed 16484 times
The controller on the opener, wich has loads of options
foto2.JPG
foto2.JPG (122.05 KiB) Viewed 16484 times
The opener opend up :wink:
foto3.JPG
foto3.JPG (85.32 KiB) Viewed 16484 times

Documentation on the dorma ed 200 :

dorma.nl/prod/content/view/full/24134/( ... ent)/24132
http://www.ray-eng.ru/download/1271332635.pdf

There are a few things to overcome like hanging the device as it weights a lot ! and wich relay i am going to use and all the possible options like sensorbars
presuremats and stuff to prevent people get mushed between the wall. The device can swing doors like 120 kg so there is some kind of presure on the electric controlled oil cylinder.

And a small film on how it moves without door on youtube....

To stay in the movie scene i say :" to be continued "
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Just another door opener [project]

Post by r_255 »

plan
plan
door.jpg (32.21 KiB) Viewed 16411 times
Its been a while, but finaly i found the time, extra stuff i needed and the knowledgement to finish this project.

After investing some more time in this bargain buy it seemed that the space i got above my door was just to small to fit the device.
Hell i am crazy enough to cut some part out of the wall but the damage on the plaster wil be hard to reconstruct with out doing all walls.

So i went the other way, just cut of 3 cm of the door and screwed that part back into the doorframe. Because i took the door out of the frame i could wire it for the keymatic
and make some preperations for the reed contacts and micro swictches i am going to add. Oh pleace beware with the drilling as i am lurking on the peek hole cam topic as i got this spare hole in my door now ;o)

With thanks to Post-it i bought a ip power as new and decided to give it a try incombination with Rene's his ippower homeser plugin. Connected the dorma and the keymatic interface to the ippower its relayports and it works .

Shamefull after placing back the door the cable it got stuck so i ended up with a cable break on the keymatic part. But now got that fixed with some extra cable i already prepared for the postbox microswitch. as i used utp for that i guess i can spare a few wires. So besides finishing of the cosmetic part the basis on this project are working.
and i can open up the door with this small test setup i made in hst.

On the technical part i still need to do :

- connect the led port on the keymatic ( there is a 2 pin port for a external led that lights up when the remote is pressed ) to the ippower input so i can start the door opener with the keymatic remotes
- investigate if i can connect the hawk radar device and the autoswitch system ( transponder system ) with homeseer
Radar
Radar
130_0.jpg (36.3 KiB) Viewed 16411 times
autoswitch
autoswitch
2200315_Dorma_AutoSwitch_s_78_nederstNone.JPG (80.69 KiB) Viewed 16411 times
transponder key
transponder key
2200320_Brukernokkel_s_78_nederstNone.JPG (44.53 KiB) Viewed 16411 times

Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

That is awesome! :D Well done!
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Thanks Esteban,

I forgot to mention that i changed the arm in the 1st picture for a sliding one which looks better and takes less height.
For that i bought an other opener on marktplaats with the mentioned sensors so i got one spare ;O) ( new in box ) That was a cheaper option than buying the arm new.

When looking for information i found out that these device are quite expensive, so a spare isnt that bad just in case.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Really cool! 8)
Now you should add an option that the door opens automatically when you approach the door with your hands full and/or you can't use your phone :)
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Digit,

Well that option is here in the form of Dorma autoswitch.

Its the small white box wich got these connectors and the blue keyfob without keys :D
Should open the door within range of 3m Only then i need the original control print B and i got A and that one is about 350,-

There is this little booklet that came allong that tells me.... so with some reading there
must be a option to get this one working on the ip power. Still dont feel that convinced with electronics to simply try.....
so i am thinking of puting 12v on it and measure what it does.

there are 6 pins that tell me :

Relay NC, Wakeup (input),12/24 VDC, GND, relay C, Relay N

So i need to investigate how i can measure this thing and buy myself a multimeter.... :P
and then ill dive into the radar module, wich did not come with a manual or pin instruction and i could not find anything online yet.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Great, thanks for sharing!
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

r_255 wrote:Digit,
Well that option is here in the form of Dorma autoswitch.
Sorry, missed that!
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

After investing some more time on the devices that came allong it seems that the main programming key of the autoswitch is missing ( a transponder system that recognises the key form a distance of 3 m ) This key ( yellow one ) sets me back a 120 euro. I did connect it to a 12v adapter and it seem to work fine except for the programm mode i need to enter to add the other transponer key.

But the eagle one radar detector is working, after connecting it to 12v it sensed motion direct and i could hear the relay swich on....
just to test it i added a 12v ledstripe to see or its working as expected.

Next step will be connecting it to the ip power input port that sences if its off <4v or on in my case 12v and hope that it works fast enough to be usefull for the door. Else there is always the possibility to connect it direct to one of the door openers its inputs to keep the door open.

After finding a manual about the device, i found out it needs to be programmed with a ir remote control wich i dont have, but it seems to work kind of fine.
But stuff like sensetivity and selecting wide or deep radar is not possible.

The main idea is to retrigger the door opener incase some one is within range of the door on the inside and i guess that will work in the end.

r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

After finding out the led port of the keymatic isnt a proper trigger ( it flashes short on open and close ) for the dorma i decided to give it an other go. After seeing the servo driven lock that was posted by a fellow member i had this idea to mount a micro switch with epoxy glue in the lock. The micro switch is direct connected to the door opener and is placed in a way that the keymatic opener triggered it, but it had to be placed in such way it would not re trigger by falling back in the again. ( else the door would not close ever.

It worked out fine, and now the door opens now when the keyfob on the keymatic is used, as the keymatic opens up the lock complete and pushes in that process the micro switch which triggers the dorma door opener....

It was a kind of mess when i opened the lock as most springs jumped out allong with some parts.. so it took me some time to re assemble the thing ( 3 hours ) and i might have missed something as the door handle is not totally straight up... but when pushed sesame opens up.

Sorry for the low quality conditions on the moving part.

Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

Nice job there.
// Erik (binkey.nl)
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

Well done, thanks for sharing!
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

If I use a powerful magnet, can i open the door just by placing the magnet near the micro switch(es)?
Alexander
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

thnx, guys.... Still am not finished as i want to use the radar detector as detector if no one is in the doorway before closing.
Still looking for those build in reed contacts some one posted here on the forum, but i cant find any more.
and still wonder or i should invest 90,- euro to get the transponder system working.

And last but not least so eyecandy on the outside.... :O)

@Alexander,

Good question but i dont think so; the keymatic lock is responsable for unlocking the door ( 3 point lock )
and the microswitch only starts door opener and not the unlocking sequence.

So if you would trigger the micro switch, it would not open up.
and besides that, its way easier to get your hands on a crow bar than to open up my lock with a magnet.

Stuff like mail inbewteen the door preventing it from closing should be covered by the box i am building ( mail will fall in to the box instead on to the ground )
and there will be an other small micro switch on the other side of the lock to check or the lock really fell in to the holder.

So i tried to cover almost everything i could think of.
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

After using the door for a while i found out i made a error on placing a spring in the lock.
The door handle did sometimes fail to go back in the closed position leaving my door open ( so i had to close it with the 3 hook night lock to be sure. )

Also i had to get used that the door closes up automaticly and its easy to get locked out with out having a remote or key to re enter the house.. so i ordered this add-on for the abus/keymatic lock a numeric keybord wich unlocks the door wireless.
The keypad arrived yesterday and installing was a breeze. As it was so easy i decided to open up the lock again fix the spring problem. This time i made some pictures of simple the microswitch is mounted with a bit of epoxy glue. Shame it was so bloody hard to get everything in place and keep it that way. It took me so much time that i almost ended up frustrated till i got some extra hand from a friend and it was fixed in a few minutes.

but its done.... but still not finished
:D
lock.jpg
lock.jpg (133.74 KiB) Viewed 16198 times
lock_opendup.jpg
lock_opendup.jpg (199.58 KiB) Viewed 16198 times
micro.jpg
micro.jpg (134.15 KiB) Viewed 16198 times
abus1.jpg
abus1.jpg (83.54 KiB) Viewed 16198 times
abus_atnight.jpg
abus_atnight.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 16198 times