Roller shutters

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Roller shutters

Post by Digit »

Hi,

Last weekend I partially finished mounting, programming and controlling 12 roller shutters. I managed to install 8 roller shutters and finished the software-side of controlling those roller shutters. Next weekend I'll install the roller shutters for the 2nd floor.
DSC_6653_3.jpg
DSC_6653_3.jpg (51.14 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
With the Somfy RS485 transmitter (discussed on this forum) I can control all those roller shutters from my system. Manually from our Touchscreen interface, or automatically (events). More info and images can be found here
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Roller shutters

Post by Alexander »

Nice to see your solution. Unfortunately the shutters are something i consider to be a jail.
Alexander
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I had the same feeling about them in the beginning.
But weighing the pros and cons we experienced with the one we installed 6-7 years ago, made us decide to install them.
And we didn't install the shutters on the street side visible for others, which would make our house look like a fortress (jails do not have doors that open at your will).
Another thing is that the shutters will normally only be down while away or while it's dark outside, so who cares. Nobody can see them, nor can we (curtains).
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Wow huge project :O)

I dont like to close up either, loads of people here in the street got them hanging on both sides and forgot about aesthetics.
Glad to see that there are still people who do understand.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

It doesn't look that bad though. I got a sunscreen which looks like the same too (but it can flip open/close)
// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Home Automation Projects”