Building a really realtime website

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Building a really realtime website

Post by Willem4ever »

The next upcoming MQTT based projects are; Doorbell and Mailbox interface, this will allow me to replace my old solution based on a visonic MCT 100 module. Now because I can features like doorbell disabled/enabled and guard time (duration of continuous ringing) are simply added and implemented. You can also set your home-auotmation system to control (enable/disable) the doorbell (switch to silent mode) when you go to sleep. The possibilities are endless.

Anyway while this little gadget awaits to get installed (now under test on my desk) the following little project came up yesterday. During dinner I spoke to DJF3 and he told me about a little tracker he bought on eBay. This attracted my intention, we have the very cool BTRACED tool available in the App Store, but I have been looking for a more permanent solution, built-in my cars (all of them :-) ... So I contacted XEXUN a Chinese company who sell reasonable products for a affordable price (contact me if you want to know the details) and ordered two TK103-2 to play with. As always I want to have it yesterday once ordered so I let them ship it with DHL (which is more expensive, but fast and no hassle on VAT and import duty, just about what you expect 21% of total costs product/shipping) some of you may remember my horror story with TNT .... To cut a very long story short, devices arrived last week and as of today one them publishes his information thru MQTT like this

/device/xexun/info 0XXXXXXXXXXX,1354639703,52.XXXXXXXX,4.XXXXXX,0.000000,14.03,-8.5,09,204,08,4460,48483

Publishing the following information imei,utc,lat,lon,speed,course,altitude,satelites,mcc,mnc,lac,cid (The last 4 field allow you to lookup the celltower you are connected to)

Stay tuned for a realtime tracking interface based on openstreetmap. and MQTT .....
FoRMaTC

Post by FoRMaTC »

Here in west friesland ppl come through the backdoor.
If the doorbell rings it usually cost money (collectanten) or once a year jehova withnisses :lol:
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

A permanent solution in a car is a nice solution and specially easy when tracking starts when the car starts etc.
You are using the GPRS option i assume
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Yep, just got my sample test page working, whenever the the car moves (i.e. the coordinates changes) the map is updated in realtime ..... :D

Return to “Home Automation Projects”