"Mechanische Ventilatie" - how to automate?

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

Allright, another update (not that anyone seems to be interested [:)]): I have attached two of those relays (actually slightly different version (CR2020230A from Eaton), because the other one seems to have been replaced by this newer version) and with those between the SAIX's and my ventilation unit it works like a charm. I am back to an automated ventilation setup, and very happy about it!

So word of advice to everyone: in case you have a ventilation unit that does not work properly with the SAIX's attached directly to it, then you need to install additional relays in between. From what I have seen this seems to be mostly needed for DC ventilation units, but not sure if that is the only reason they could be needed.

Regards, PP
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Pieter-Paul
O yes we are following you [:D] At least I do and there are 1130 reads on this topic so others do also!

Can you tell us where you bought the relays (link?) and do you have perhaps a schematic of the setting.
That would really be interested!
thanks
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Hi Pieter-Paul,

You're wrong about the interest in your contribution; i'm also following your experiences cause i want to control the ventilation in my house to! So every post you do is read with more-than-average attention[:)]
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

add me to the list..:)
I can't get it work at my place.
installation is placed at the roof and there is no other possibility to get power for the Saix12..:(
I have to place the SAIX outside not sure if this is wise.
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

Allright, sorry guys, for a moment I thought I was talking to myself there [:)].

I bought the relays at a local electrotechnical service shop (or whatever you call a "installatiebureau" in English). I just looked in the phonebook and saw that there was a shop in my neighbourhood that also delivers and installs Xanura devices so figured they'd be able to deliver this stuff. Price was 32.95 euro per relay ex VAT, so the darn things are not very cheap.
The relays have the formfactor that allows them to be installed in a fusebox ("meterkast"), so they are quite large and there is no way you can fit them in a wall junction box ("inbouwdoos").

Will draw up a schematic and add some more info about my set up later.

/PP
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

need it in my next house too, so i'am also looking from time to time to learn :)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

As promised a picture of my setup (sorry for the poor quality, I had to draw it up using MS Paint [:(]):

Hope it is clear enough. I have drawn one relay with its picture and the other one with its schematics. (minor note: I'm lying a little bit here, as the CR2020230A has two switched outputs, but since they are both switched with the same input, they are of no use for this setup, so I decided not to draw them to avoid confusion - but in the picture you may be able to see that there are two additional connectors: one on top and one on the bottom side of the device)

/PP

Edit: picture quality is better than I expected, hope clarity is too [:)]
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

Oh and I have of course replaced the original switch in the kitchen (similar to the one shown in the original post by DJF3-2) with a double impulsdrukker and a VIX10.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Thanks PP clear for me!
Still have to redo my vent setting so this helps.
I have now a ITHO vent which is 20 years old so considering buying a new one as well
Pieter
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

In case you replace the ventilation unit, make sure you pick the right L1 and L3 pins of the perilex connector, they are apparently swapped for some units. So in the diagram I showed above, the phase (brown) may need to be connected to L1, and the switched output (black) that is attached to L1 in the diagram may need to be attached to L3.

Also note that in case you do need the relays, you either need to place them in your fusebox (meterkast) and get additional wiring up to the place where your ventilation unit is, or you need to use wall-mounted junction boxes ('opbouwdozen', and rather large ones at it). I chose the last option, but it looks somewhat clumsy (I may add a picture later).

Regards, PP
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

Picture of my resulting setup:

As you can see, I have two mounted junction boxes ('opbouwdozen') which are mounted half over a wall junction box ('inbouwdoos'). This latter box I added myself at the start of my ventilation-automation project with the intention of fitting 1 SAIX in this new box and 1 SAIX in the original box (the one that has the perilex connection). But with the relays that turned out to be impossible so I had to add the additional mounted boxes. Each mounted box contains 1 relay + 1 SAIX, the wall boxes only contain wiring and connectors.

Regards, PP

PS: If anyone knows what the real english words for 'opbouwdoos' and 'inbouwdoos' are, could you reply to this thread? It might clarify things for non-dutch readers, thanks.

Edit: had to change name of picture to make it show
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

@pieterpaul: Building box? mounting box?

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

Sounds good, but I honoustly have no idea. Google translate isn't really helpful either.
Was hoping one of our native english people would come to the rescue. [:)]
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Internal powerline outlet.....
esschenk

Post by esschenk »

Hello,

Here is my solution to automate the mechanical ventilation in my house
I have used a AMST-606 from klikaan/klikuit
The transmitter is placed on the shower door to active the ventilator.
You can see fotos of my installation on my website. (dutch)
http://domotica.famschenk.eu/badkamer.html

ed

<font size="1">

Return to “Home Automation Projects”