RGB Led-bar

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Jfn

RGB Led-bar

Post by Jfn »

For those of you running the Ledbar connected to a Linux machine: I created a perl module that should make working with the ledbar a bit more easy.

Download the attached file and extract it to a directory that is in the searchpath.

Run pod2text (or pod2html) on the file in the zip-archive to obtain formatted docmentation (pod2text jfn/Ledbar.pm).

domoticaforum.eu/uploaded/Jfn/200942915 ... 09_jfn.zip
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Snelvuur »

i still have the bar, but i dont think my gf wants it in the new house.. it is pretty big :) will have to see, besides that nice work jfn..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Louis

Re: RGB Led-bar

Post by Louis »

A LED-bar is on my domotica wishlist, and my birthday is near...
Would the LED-bar from the first post be the best choice to display messages from within HomeSeer/scripts?
Or can anyone recommend a different brand/type that they use with HomeSeer?
jeroen_

Re: RGB Led-bar

Post by jeroen_ »

Just noticed this led-bar on digit's site (always fun to check what toys other people have ;)

I have a spot for this above the window here, also in the office, could be useful for display "box X went down", "phone call from X" and other such events (small TFTs are kinda hard to get otherwise that resolution would be better possibly though).

It seems this conrad bar uses 'newsign' software, it seems that this Velleman does too:
http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=372620

Droezel mentioned: http://www.sonologic.nl/Projects/VellemanDisplay but that page is 404 by now.

Anybody have more details if that is correct? (quite likely, I assume they are all rebrands of a whitelable variant anyway, though alibaba didn't list one 1,2,3)

Return to “Home Automation Projects”