HStouch replacement with realtime website

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: HStouch replacement with realtime website

Post by Phaeton »

Off course homeseer should be able to support these kind of features. I would love to have an home automation package which offers windows platform (I don't know linux well and want to be able to solve system problem), opportunities to have plugins and be able to easily create touch interfaces for all my devices. For now Homeseer is the only adult non-linux software package which (sort of) does what I need. For me the approach we discuss here enables me to build a website for my devices. I cannot write my own software, so for now I have to take for granted that there's no ultimate software and my budget doesn't let me have a 'real' professional system. I descided to look at Home Automation as a hobby. This enables me not to get annoyed by the problems I encounter with Homeseer etc.
groeten,
Harry
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Based on the first post I'm almost 4 years(!!) thinking and trying to get a responsive (near) realtime live on all my clients....I tried many website themes, but finally I was not satisfied with the results,...
In the past I used for every devicevalue a query. Finally I've every second 200+ queries that has to be run. Not an issue, but in the end it could result in performance issue and there should be a better solution.
Angularjs, nodejs, socketio, all is working nice, if you are using tables, but specifc value showing from the records it's hard to do. Probably quite simple, but I can't find any example how to accomplish this specific values instead of print all values in a table.
Few weeks ago I found this theme: wrapbootstrap.com/theme/minton-admin-fr ... -WB0858DB6
I used the Dark one, horizontal.

The 200+queryies are replaced with 3 queries that create an array of results from my MySQL DB:
1 array for device_ref + device value
1 array for device_ref + device string
1 array for device_ref + device last change
(probably this 3 arrays can be combined into one, but for now it me saved already a lot of work).

Below the first created dashboard. Some minor layout issues has to be fixed and the weather icons has to be linked to the correct one of the day and I'm not satisfied with all the text colors, so I'm starting to make it more clean, as you can see in the first row. Based on the value, it can be displayed in another color.
The icons at front of the 'panels' will be removed as well, unless I'll found a nice set of icons somehere soon.
I'm far from finished.

Even some popups can be displayed whn clicking on a value/panel, and notification can be shown automatically based on incoming events or values changes.(all is Bootstrap related)

The websites is running locally, on several tablets, in fullscreen browser mode.
Attachments
dashboard-popup.png
dashboard-popup.png (12.5 KiB) Viewed 7966 times
dashboard.png
dashboard.png (148.2 KiB) Viewed 7966 times
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Thanks for sharing this.
Bram
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Nodered with dashboarding is something I will be looking into. I think it will fit the bill and is very simple and quick to develop and maintain. It can be hosted on a raspberry pi, synology nas and many other stuff.

Look at the example below how easy it is and what it looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKv4_jvPtr4
And this one (modbus, mqtt, node red, mobile, etc.) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV78MQks6BI

The last one has my interest, as I'm busy developing a strategy for my new wired domoticacontroller and system. I'm leaning to a WAGO PLC solution made universal using MQTT, Nodered for visualisation and mobile control and possibly Homeseer (as I have this already).
_ThaNerd_
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by _ThaNerd_ »

Can a 360 slider be used with a volume instance using an IR module via the Global Cache Pro plugin?

Return to “Home Automation Projects”