Stairway to heaven

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
jeroen_

Re: Stairway to heaven

Post by jeroen_ »

Wow, that is pretty awesome!

I would almost do something like that if it wasn't for the fact that the staircase we have in our place is rarely used as the elevator comes directly into the apartment....... yeah should start using the other entrance once in a while ;)

(I also would have no ability to hide away any cabling there, and thinking of it, no clue where to get power from in that area either, meh and too many things on the todo list still anyway).

One thing for the staircase that I did think of was buying a few el-cheapo android tablets (50 bucks buys you a crappy one that you can customize), putting custom software on those (so that you can remote control them using wifi) and hanging them as 'picture frames' on the side of the staircase, then you could show random pictures out of an archive, or even cooler (and lots more work), do face detection and then show pictures where the person is in. Maybe something to add to it?

Also, for folks who have ever been to Zurich airport in the last few years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHPn4yaZOQk
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

only thing i could do without seeing wires was this
ledstair.JPG
ledstair.JPG (35.95 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
Herbus

Post by Herbus »

@bwired
He Pieter, da's mijn trap! Heb exact hetzelfde model, drie bouwlagen hoog. Draait alleen de andere kant op :lol:
Wat heb je hiervoor gebruikt?

Grz

Jos
Herbus (Jos)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Jos
Check this old topic: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4660
Now i have 4 chromeflex controllers linked via bus system, so only 1 address (rs232 to ethernet) for all controllers.
It very easy to place the ledstrip under there and the powercable is almost invisible
Now at night this goes ON in a very dimmed mode, not needing to use any lights anymore
Controlled by NodeJS, MQTT and Nools working perfectly!

Return to “Home Automation Projects”