ZMC v3. Whole house audio step by step Part 1

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
hjk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: ZMC v3. Whole house audio step by step Part 1

Post by hjk »

Hello,

I have been following your build, being a long-time HomeSeer user and also interested in VR.

I purchased an xAP800 on eBay and also a couple of CM11B microphones.

My question is pretty basic at this point: how do you connect the CM11B to the xAP800? The CM11B has a miniXLR connection (so far as I can tell). Is there a wire or connector that I need in order to wire it into the wiring blocks on the xAP800?

Thank you so much!

Jacob
hjk
---
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Hi Jacob,

For connecting the mic to the unit see page 10 of the XAP800 manual.
It basicly removing the big lxr connector from te cable and attach the phoenix connector to it (the type of connector on the back of the unit)
These connectors can be bought at Conrad.nl Yhey aren't that cheap.
Don't get fooled by the image they put up and just look at the description. Their image is wrong.
If you can find then then PM me after you have 10 messages posted on this forum. (it's a forum restriction)
Bram
hjk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hjk »

Thank you so much for responding! I looked over the XAP800 manual, but I did not realize that the XLR connector could be removed from the wire that shipped with the CM11B.

Working in IT, I definitely do appreciate the "RTFM" reminder. :lol: It is funny that you chide people for something, and then you find yourself being the one not following your own advice! :oops:

My XAP from eBay shipped with the Phoenix connector blocks already inserted, so if I can use the wires from the wire that shipped with the CM11B, I will be in business. Of course, then I need to power the XAP800, run the software and update firmware, and connect it to my Homeseer server over RS232 (which I am equipped to do). I will follow the guide you've written and see how far I get.

Thank you so much, too, for documenting your story and your build. I've tinkered with VR in the past, but gave up due to my lack of knowledge on the voice hardware side of things. Now, if I can get my "attic monkey" friend to help me run some wires... :)

Thanks!

Return to “Home Automation Projects”