ZMC v3. Doing VR Part 2

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
AshaiRey

ZMC v3. Doing VR Part 2

Post by AshaiRey »

All these articles about ZMC can also be found at http://www.zoelen.net/ZMC.htm

The VR system
This is how I have setup my system for voice recognition.
My system has one microphone in each room for a total of four different rooms and a XAP800 unit

I've added a couple of macros to the unit do some work for me.
macro 99 - unmute all
macro99.png
macro99.png (108.88 KiB) Viewed 23244 times
Macro 100 - mute all
This is the same as macro 99 but now with arg 3 set to zero

Tip #10
Since I use 4 microphones I want the mute the other microphones when an attention phrase is heard. This will prevent unintended voice commands from other rooms. Macro 101 is used for microphone 1. Macro 102 for microphone 2 and so on.
Macro 101 will turn everything OFF except mic 1
Macro 102 will turn everything OFF except mic 2
Macro 103 will turn everything OFF except mic 3
Macro 104 will turn everything OFF except mic 4
Note: Add or remove macro's to meet your setup

Example macro101
macro101.png
macro101.png (102.55 KiB) Viewed 23244 times
This is how I have configured my microphones.
gatesettings.png
gatesettings.png (124.51 KiB) Viewed 23244 times
In the matrix image you see that I’ve connected the microphones also to a processer (Proc Mics @ To Processing A). All the mics use gating in this image. On the left side you see the Proc Mics coming in again at From Processing A and it's connected to output 12 (Naar PC mic). The mics are also connected to output 11 (naar TH2) that connection is an additional option when using a TH2 teleconference unit which is mentioned later on.

The virtual matrix
virtualref.png
virtualref.png (95.38 KiB) Viewed 23244 times
On the left the first four columns are marked virtual ref 1 to 4. This is where you set the audio canceling channel. Here everything that comes out of the Audio processor is used as a virtual reference. Everything in this channel will be subtracted from what the microphone hears.
Finaly make sure that your have your gating control set right. On the image below i have max. one possible mic that can gate. In my current setup i have this set to two.
gating_control.png
gating_control.png (11.18 KiB) Viewed 23244 times
Some useful ideas

Tip #11: Baby phone
How to listen in an other room?
I do the following with an external script.
Disable the music in your room. Mute all mics except the one in the room you want to listen and open up the microphone channel in ZMC.

Tip #12: Intercom, speak with someone in another room.
In the event that you want to implement an intercom functionality (done with an additional script) then you need a few more macros.
Have a look at this matrix for the macro numbering

Code: Select all

Room
         To 
from       |  1      2      3      4      5
==============================================
 1          |  x      2      3      4      5
 2          |  2      x      6      8     10
 3          |  3      6      x     12     15
 4          |  4      8     12      x     20
 5          |  5     10     15     20      x
The 'room from' x 'room to' will give you the macro number.
If you want to have a connection between room 3 and 2 then you have to start macro 6. The ZMC script will handle this for you. All you need to do is to make the correct macros for your system.
Note. I was planning the system for a max. 5 microphones
In my case I had to make six macros, macro 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 12.
Each macro mutes all mics except the two rooms that need to be connected. In the case of macro 6 all mics are muted except mic 2 and 3.
Setting up an intercom connection is triggered by an event that calls a separate script. This functionality isn't implemented in ZMC v3.0
intercom.png
intercom.png (104 KiB) Viewed 23244 times
Tip #13: Audio control
I have a separate script that is called by an event that is able to control the music, selects internet radio stations, different playlists and telling me who this artist is and which song this is. It gets its context from the command that is spoken and all commands trigger the same script. In the script itself the right action will be taken and ZMC is used to do the actions.

Tip #14: TH2 Telephone unit
There is also a teleconferencing unit available that can be integrated in this setup. The ZMC v3 script can detect incoming calls and take action upon this. With this it is possible to answer the phone via a voice command. The call will be put in the speaker in the room where you told to pick up the phone and you can have your conversation hands free. It's also possible to make outgoing phone calls this way. Just make an event with for example 'call olaf' and let it start the ZMC v3 script with the right number (AZ_ZMC3.vb("DialOnTELCO","0|1|1234567890) ) and the call will be made.

Tip #15
You can combine tip 12 and 14.
In case you are in the basement having a phone call but you need to ask your spouse, who is in the attic, some information you can start a conference call by opening an intercom connection. Then the three of you will be in the same phone call.

This was the last article in this serie. I hope you enjoyed it!
Bram
Rutger

Re: ZMC v3. Doing VR Part 2

Post by Rutger »

Lots of stuff to do...but nice stuff, thank you again!!
I'm out of speakers at the moment, but all further preparations are already made for it. I use also the ones you mentioned in this project. They are good enough for announcements (even the price is low, and it's immediately finished in the furniture) and 'oke' for music, but the last one isn't the main reason, as you also told in one of the first parts.

Some question untill now about the complete ZMC project:
1)
Some time ago I received from you a 'beta' version of the SpeakToMe project. Are these files related to this VR part? because I can't find any link to these files in the ini or script. Maybe I'm confused and it has nothing to deal with the VR part as above described...

2)
What version, language and *bit version operating system do use use for this?
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Rutger wrote:Lots of stuff to do...but nice stuff, thank you again!!
Never said that doing VR would be easy. :D
Rutger wrote: Some question untill now about the complete ZMC project:
1)
Some time ago I received from you a 'beta' version of the SpeakToMe project. Are these files related to this VR part? because I can't find any link to these files in the ini or script. Maybe I'm confused and it has nothing to deal with the VR part as above described...
No they are not related to these files but it can be used. ( i do it anyway)
ZMC is made with the idea that you can use any speech recognition software that is able to control a device in HomeSeer directly or via a script
Rutger wrote: 2)
What version, language and *bit version operating system do use use for this?
Windows 7 Ultimate, EN, 32 bits
Bram
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Oke, I think my VR problem is my NL version of W7, which don't have standard any speech recognition, also not after installing the mentioned NL files. So I need to have a EN version for the OS I think, that have standard speech recognition in it.
First I will do a test in a vmware session before switching over...
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Rutger wrote:Oke, I think my VR problem is my NL version of W7, which don't have standard any speech recognition, also not after installing the mentioned NL files. So I need to have a EN version for the OS I think, that have standard speech recognition in it.
First I will do a test in a vmware session before switching over...
Correct, on Win7 Dutch isn't a language that is supported by MS voice recognition. Even when you have the mentioned NL files installed it won't work. I tried that to before i took the difficult road of programming my own software :)

If you want to use it out of the box then use the US/EN/FR/Ger/Spanish or korean (as far as i remember) and use the English version of the VR system
Bram
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Any experience with Win8 and speech recognition in this way because the mentioned files are for max Win7.
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Rutger wrote:Any experience with Win8 and speech recognition in this way because the mentioned files are for max Win7.
No and no plans to switch to Windows 8 soon either
Bram
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Finally after reinstall the server to an English OS version (Win7 64bit Ultimate), the first NL VR commands are working in the speaker client, whoeeoee!! :lol:
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Witch version of G-Ware are u using. Version 5.01 will not launch on Windows 7 64 bit due to an application error. The newer version of the zip file seems to be corrupt so i cannot install it
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Version 5.0.6, build 407 on W7 Ult. 64 bit.
Even my XAP unit don't run the latest firmware, because of an error during installation via G-Ware.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Yesterday i made another download and now 5.06 is running and i can manage the unit.

Now i need to get the script going HS is unable to connect the comport
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

When the script tries to connect it will open the com 2 port. The error tells you that to port can't be opened. (you figured this part out already i guess)
So something is still keeping the com port open.
- Did you disconnect with the G-Ware software because this also uses the com port?
- Did you disconnect from the terminal software (putty)?
- Try a higher com port such as 6 or 7. Com 2 can be in use by some USB device or by the system.
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

- Yes i disconnected G-Ware
- Yes i disconnected Putty
- I will try another com port, but why will putty and G-ware work and HomeSeer not

Return to “Home Automation Projects”