FKX40 Programming

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
pim555
Starting Member
Starting Member

FKX40 Programming

Post by pim555 »

Hi,

Does anyone know how to program the FKX40 phase coupler without having to use PMIX35? The manual only describes the use of PMIX35 but I read somewhere on this forum that by using the buttons should also be possible?

I am having issues that I expect to be caused by the repeater function of the FKX40 and would like to switch that off.

Regards
Pim
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: FKX40 Programming

Post by Bwired »

Not aware of? But you just have to send the commands, can be done by tour existing controller or remote
pim555
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pim555 »

In the manual it says that functions can be disabled by sending 2xADim which suggest that only the house code has to be sent. When I send eg A1 Dim commands, it does not react. Using a remote I cannot only send house code and Dim command. Therefore my question.

Cheers
Pim
pim555
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pim555 »

I tried to send above commands using mochad, which supports commands like above ("pl a dim") but cannot get it to work.

Any help is appreciated.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

not sure whats is going on, i use the PUX for this for many years now
pim555
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pim555 »

I am afraid that PUX is not an option for me as it is too expensive.

Have you programmed FKX40 devices or do you have experience with those? i have the feeling that complete commands are duplicated because of the phase coupler which I would not expect. I would expect that, after browsing thru some technical docs, only the second command (X10 commands are alwats sent twice) is amplified and the complete command is only duplicated on the other phases. Either my phases are coupled already (double checked but I really see 3x a brown phase wire going into my switchboard) or the FKX40 is doing something I dont understand. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks
Pim
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

you have 3 phase installation and the standard setup is the setup I use, i never changed this.
with this setup the received x10 command are duplicated and send over the phases.
what are youre problems causing you to want to change this
pim555
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pim555 »

The issue I have is that whenever I send a command via it looks like it is send 3 times.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

it should only send the commands to the 2 remaining phase powerlines and enhance the signal
but the extra comands you recieve are the same, so should not be a problem... or?
but the problem is you cant program the device to reset or try :-(
pim555
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pim555 »

I suspect that some of my X10 devices (micro switches) are getting into program mode if they receive multiple times the same command. I see this happening quite a lot with Marmitek micro devices. According to the manual it should not happen (can only get in program mode if ON and OFF commands are sent in succession) but it seems like they also get in program mode if you sent successive ON commands. Due to the repitition of commands by the phase coupler these devices get into program mode and then get programmed to the wrong unit code (if a next command is sent).

Does that make sense?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

should not be the case, if i send multiple ON or OFF commands nothing happens.
is it easy to disconnect the FKX, i think its installed parallel on the powerline so should be easy to test this way?
btw: if you want to switch of the functions its the same as removing the device ....
i have this setup with 50+ Xanura modules running for many years now (mainly SAIX12)

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”