Disappeared X10 signal

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Disappeared X10 signal

Post by labium »

i installed a xm10 in april and a test device am12 . after installling a repaeter it worked.
but now after the summer and some new lamps in my house the xm10 gives no signal on otherparts in the house, completely nothing.
i attached a pmix35 to the same wire as the xm10 , completely no signal on other places in the house.

what could be the problem

a new electronical device in my household can that completely do disaappear x10 signals ?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Disappeared X10 signal

Post by Bwired »

Yes, you have a case of a bad (X10) powerline!
if you want to use X10 then you need to be absolutely sure the powerline is and stays clean.
All kind of devices like dishwashers and halogen lamps could disturb the signal making it sometimes or totally instable
So you need to apply filtering.
For test, unplug as much as possible and you see it will be working again

check also the forum, lost of topics about it like
domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=21&amp ... amp;t=3927

I apply filters on inportant part making my powerline very stable fot X10
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
bing

Post by bing »

Sometimes the solution is simple.
I had a number of AM12 in use. When I replaced it with a two LED light bulbs stayed in the off the LED lamps softly lit. At repeat measurement showed that there was 65 volts at the AM12 was in the off position.
Replace it with the S2027. And lights switched properly. But since then, two S2027 on the first floor
not switched.
Also downstairs strange things happened. CM15 I've moved to the cupboard and everything is working again as usual.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Look at my really good experience with filters here
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... 444#p42444
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

one evening further, all x1o signals work again but the pmix35 doesn't show them. the signals made by active home pro are shown by pmix , pmix own signals are shown, in active home pro the signals are detected which arn't detected by the pmix35 . but pmix doesn't show them and the active pro module and pmix module are practically on the same outlet. ??
Lempens

Post by Lempens »

bing wrote:Sometimes the solution is simple.
I had a number of AM12 in use. When I replaced it with a two LED light bulbs stayed in the off the LED lamps softly lit. At repeat measurement showed that there was 65 volts at the AM12 was in the off position.
Replace it with the S2027. And lights switched properly. But since then, two S2027 on the first floor
not switched.
Also downstairs strange things happened. CM15 I've moved to the cupboard and everything is working again as usual.
It's almost impossible that ther is a 65volts at the AM12 in the OFF position, because then the relais doesn't work. I have tested them, they work great.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”