Using FKX40

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
rogiervandam
Starting Member
Starting Member

Using FKX40

Post by rogiervandam »

I'm busy setting up my domotica system.
Currently, all of the light is working on DAIX12 modules behind a switch.

I'm trying the next step, setting up my server.
I have a PMIX35 and a CTX35.

However, the server (which is in the attic) does nog register any values.
When placed in the living room it works fine.
It seems not to be able to receive signals from other groups.
I thought the problem was that signals were not being transferred from one 25A main switch to the other. (I have 3x25A mains).

I bought a FKX40, but when reading the manual I discovered it was for a 3-phase system.
When I looked in my meter cupboard, I discovered I have a 1-phase system which is split in 3x25A mains, which is split in 12x10/16A mains.

So can I still use the FKX40 to enhance signals in my home? Maybe by connecting three different 16A mains? Or will that blow my meters and the FKX40? ANy ideas?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Using FKX40

Post by Bwired »

I'm not sure also?
you should find some simularities in the schematic?
only thing the FKX40 does is pick up the received signal and sends it on all other groups on the powerline.
you can try if your powerline is really devided, try some more outlets in different places and see how they react.
best place for CTX35 is in the fusebox closet. If you dont have any filters and for example lots of halogeen lights (trafo), there can be many disturbance!
Bastiaan

Re: Using FKX40

Post by Bastiaan »

Are you very sure your 3x 25 amps are from a single phase? Sounds odd.
I don´t think a FKX40 will work very well because it is likely to shift the signal according to the phase difference (120 or 60 degrees) but it will (probably) not blow the fuses when you try.

When you connect the PMIX35, it has a test mode, does it not register anything?
What if you send a signal to the most nearby device?
Did you try to shift the phase in the software when switching a device?

I have the old system and I know it works without problems over my 3 phase systems up into the garden, about 50 meters away.(no filters in the house). It never mist a single beat anywhere in the house.
The new FKX40 is much cheaper and ´supports´ the signal amplifier, which might point at the fact it doens´t do anything with the signal itselff. The old one has LED´s in the box and clearly shows receive and transmit. Very helpfull when in doubt.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”