CTX35/CTX15 repair?

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

CTX35/CTX15 repair?

Post by Edwin2008 »

Last week my washer got a shorted motor. After resetting the main switch i discovered next day that my ctx35 did not function anymore.
When opening the device i noticed a pretty brown spot on the CTI15 module. When opening the module it appeared as if the source of the heat could have been a component with 275 on it. Anyone any experience in repairing this CTX modules?
** edwin **
fabian

Re: CTX35/CTX15 repair?

Post by fabian »

I'm aware this is a reply is on a 1,5 year old post, but unfortunately dying CTX15s are still current.

What's the expected lifetime of a CTX15 ?

I've bought my first CTX35 over 2 years ago, used, from Tane. the CTX15 inside then also had a few brown spots caused by warming up. It has been running perfectly for over 2 years but it recently died, only outputting a lot of ÿ charactares (http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9058) which i then blamed on windows 7.
Inside the CTX35, the CTX15 still had the same discoloring as 2 years before but now the red led was blinking extremely fast.

I still had a new CTX15 which i also bought 2 years ago for an arduino project which i never finished. So i've replaced the damaged CTX15 from the CTX35 with a new one.

Looking for a backup CTX35 i bought one used again. But the CTX15 in this unit just simply does nothing. It only buzzes softly. No blinking Led.

Is everyone moving to PMIX35s ?
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: CTX35/CTX15 repair?

Post by Edwin2008 »

I did have a usb version (still have and for sale). Because everything here is running on VMWare i'm trying to avoid direct usb connection's. That's why i use a CTX35. I finally replaced my CTX35 but still looking for spare CTX35/CTX15.
Got the feeling that it must be only a simple part that is failing inside the CTX15 but don't know what part.
** edwin **

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”