LW11 dimmers

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
MarnixT
Starting Member
Starting Member

LW11 dimmers

Post by MarnixT »

I have a number of LW11 wall dimmers in use (X 10 of course). I don't really use the remote control anymore.

The LW11 dimmers have momentary puls switches attached to them in order to control the light in different parts of the room.

Since I'm using full on all the time I don't want dim anymore.

Is there any smart way to change the behavior of the LW11 so it would act as an on/off switch?
If not, I should replaced them with something else but want to keep the momentary switches. An AW10 Wall comes to mind, but maybe a
alternative klik-aan-klik uit is available? I don't mind phasing out X10and might want to continue playing around with my NODO's.
THanks in advance for all suggestions
rances

Re: LW11 dimmers

Post by rances »

What do you mean with acting as on/off? You mean losing softstart and softdim?
Pressing a switch shorter than 2 seconds should change the state of the switch. It toggles on/off. But you already knew that right?
Have a look at the manual:

http://www.marmitek.com/en/download/manuals/lw11/134/0
Switching system details
The status of the LW11G will change if the connected momentary switch is pressed for
less than 2 seconds. If the momentary switch is pressed longer, the LW11G will start to
dim. The module dims the lighting all the way down first and then all the way up.
ATTENTION: For safety reasons, when using the momentary switch, the phase wire to
which it is connected MUST originate from the same group.
MarnixT
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by MarnixT »

thanks for your reply. If you press less than 2 seconds it will go back to last dim state which is not necessarily 100%. When using the momentary switch it is also hard to get to exactly 100% because it's going up and down in a cycle. Since I want 100% all the time (I need the light...) this is not ideal
WimboBremer
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by WimboBremer »

Use a normal (not X-10) wall switch..... problem solved.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”