SAX35, doorbell and camera

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

SAX35, doorbell and camera

Post by stefxx »

I have a doorbell, doorbell button, camera with motion detection (a relay closes on detected motion) and a Xanura SAX35. The idea is if someone presses the doorbell button, the first input in the SAX35 is activated, and when the camera detects motion the second input is activated. Both can be fed with a 6 volt DC power supply and that is an acceptable input level for SAX35. Easy right...?

The plus is connected to the doorbell and the two inputs of the SAX35. The minus is connected to the camera and the doorbell button. From the doorbell button to the first input on the SAX35 (and the doorbell), and from the camera to the second input of the SAX35.

When the doorbell rings, both inputs of the SAX35 gets activated. If there is motion detected, both inputs are detected and the doorbell rings ... :?

What am I doing wrong? Hopefully I do not have to get two seperate power supplies?
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: SAX35, doorbell and camera

Post by stefxx »

Ok, after several months it was about time I figured it out. And I did! The SAX35 is broken! :twisted:

Sometimes things are as simple as that.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”