TAI-8586 missing components/wrong version

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi to all,

I've a short question, i have received my TAI-8586 dualcounter module from the AAG company today.

Because there might be a compatability issue in the connection pinouts between the Temp08 (from Midon) and the TAI-8586 (from AAG) i decided to take a look inside the 8586 module.

After some good looks (with a magnifyer) i found some obvious points, in the schematics on the AAG site i count several electronic components (4 resistors, 2 connectors, an MCT6 Optocoupler, a DS2423, a Bat54 and a condensator) but in my module i don't see any opto-coupler, connectors and only one resistor. Instead of that components i see an 'reed-switch' (wich is not on the schematics)

So my question to you guys (and girls) if you own the same module can you verify the above described? or do you think that i received some 'wrong' version of the TAI-8586 module?

Offcourse i'm gonna contact the AAG company about this, but first i like to hear some from you 8586 owners.

TIA,

Richard
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Richard,
There is no real standard within the 1-wire pin settings from each manufacturer. See the below attachment for the different pin setting for the 1-wire devices. The TAI8586 is not in there but I think you can take the TAI8585 instead. Mine TAI8586 are several years old but I have 4 resistors on the pcb for sure!
Please let me know if this works
Success Pieter<br />
[img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] 1-Wire Wiring.pdf<br />[img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Connectors.pdf
[img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] TAI8586.jpg
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the different pin settings by different manufactures, thats the exact reason for me to take a look inside the TAI-8586 (because the GND (8586) is linked to the 5v (temp08) pin).

The AAG site provides a schematic for this sensor, its hard to follow the pcb lane's but with the magnifyer we can do. But if i read your post, then i would definitly think that my 8586 is not the 'correct'/same one as there are advertising on their site.

So i'm gonna write an email to the AAG company first thing in the morning.

I'll think i'm gonna follow/take the Maxim/Dallas pinout definition as THE default pinout for my devices.

Keep you all informed.

PS. Peter is it possible for you to place a real photo of your 8585 pcb (with components) on the site?

Thanks,

Richard
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

check the above topic image added of the TAI8586
Richard

Post by Richard »

This is an picture of my TAI-8586 (it's a bit unsharp, but the idea is clear)
[img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] 1_DSC02568.jpg
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

It's very clear, what the f... is it? I see a read switch etc. I think the Mexican of www.aag.com.mx was a Little drunk? Replace them on their charges!
Pieter
Richard

Post by Richard »

Yes i know... i just finished writing down a 'long' email to the guys (hard time to do in completly in english) ;)

I also have ordered a 8555 switch with an input and an temp sensor, but guess what... the switch and input doesn't work at al and now the the funiest part... there is no f@#$ing temp. sensor in this device! So i'm really not happy with the AAG company (and for now with their products).

I'm waiting for their reply (and solution) keep you all informed about this 'unpleasant' situation.

Richard
Richard

Post by Richard »

Short Status update:

On 31/08/2006 21:35 i've send an email to the AAG company with my complaints about the delivered sensors.
On 05/09/2006 18:25 i've send an second email to the AAG company because i had zero comma zero response on the first email.

While writing it's 07/06/2006 07:26 and again... no response/reaction at all (not on the first and not on the second email)...

Now i'm really getting a little bit of worried about my deliverd order (and change to fix it up with those guys) and the AAG company.

We will wait a couple of day's before i 're'send my emails again. Anyone have experience with the customer support from AAG?

Keep you all informed.

Richard
Richard

Post by Richard »

Another short status update:

On 09-09-2006 03:32 i received an email from the AAG company, with the following content:
<i>"Hello,
Please resend the mail as, for some reason, we haven't gotten it."</i>

So as they asked i resend my emails :-) So now we just have to wait for the next reply.

Keep you all informed.

Richard
Richard

Post by Richard »

Antoher short status update:

Between the 09-09-2006 and now i recieved a couple of emails from the AAG Company, in one of the last messages i was asked to send back my stuff, so i send them back as the asked.

Until today, i received an email from the CEO of AAG with the message that he will personally take care of/with my situation. i woul'd say... this sounds good in my ears :)

So the only thing we (read: i) can do is sit back and relax (eh wait).

Keep you informed.

Richard
Richard

Post by Richard »

Another short status update:

On 04-10-2006 i received another email, this time with the message that 'they' have received my sensors, so they can take a look about it.

And again... we will wait.

Richard
Richard

Post by Richard »

Finally!!

On 18-10-2006 i received 'my' sensors back. The two sensors are packed in a small box with 6!!! A4 shipping/? letters, but no letter with some excuses or details about the defective/wrong sensors.

But OK, their back and upcomming saterday i will try to figure out how to connect them to my Temp08. It's really pleasant, the incompatibility between the pinout's of both devices :S (NO its not). I'll think this was for me the last time i order some stuff from the AAG company, not because the service is bad or slow, but more because the incompatibility and the lack of clear schema's (with normal numbering and terms).

Keep you informed,

Richard.

Return to “1-Wire Forum”