1wire counter for elec/gas with memory?

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
promy
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by promy »

Just like a lot of you, i would like to start monitoring my elec/gas consumption.
I looked at the soldering schemes and its relatively clear how it is done.
I have just 2 more questions that some of you may know an answer to:
<ul><li> the electricity meter has day/night function: how do you know witch one to measure? (holydays etc)
</li><li> Is there any way to buffer the data for ex. 48h? That way the server does not need to be running all the time. </li></ul>
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

1: this you can handle in the software by using a calender, or in most cases there is a LED on the Day/Night device, you can check the status of this Led.
2: Depends on your 1-wire device, most have a total counter memory.

Check the RFXCOM stuff as well, they have much more functionality. www.rfxcom.com
promy
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by promy »

Thanks for the fast reply!

In our current (rent)house, the elec meter is a simple dual (day night) ferraris meter (black with the turning wheel)
In the sealed box, there is an Enermax Ro5S device for switching day/night. On this there is also a flashing led. I am wondering if I could use this led to get the kwh.
Did anyone try this? Or would there be more luck with the reflecting turning disk?)

Currenly i have a few DS2423 (sampeled from maxim).and i can solder/etch the easy stuff, so DIY would be the way to go.
I am just unsure about the Reed contact on the AAG TIA8585. Did you remove it and just connected the BC547 to the contacts the reed used to use? (or is it in parallel over this reed?)

As for the xx hours buffer. maybe that a sweex or edimax router would be good to read out the sensor (on http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/lis ... es/1059423 they discussed how to run stuff on it)

the rfxcom stuff looks great, but (to me) it seems that it is a bit expensive for my first steps in this.

Return to “1-Wire Forum”