HA7Net

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HA7Net

Post by Digit »

Hi all,

I just ordered a HA7Net from EDS. Does anyone have any experience with this adapter? I bought it for the 1-Wire sensors at my central heating (water meter, temperatures, wvttk) and because i liked the idea of having an extra 1-Wire "entry point" at he other end of my house without the trouble of extra cables, drilling holes through walls and so on, so i thought i'd give it a try.

Regards,
Digit.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

HA7Net

Post by Bwired »

Hi Digit
Willem4ever has a HA7net, he has it for a couple of months now, perhaps he can give some info.
There is also topic http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=102
Scroll to the bottom, member Dan Klein put there a lot of information to. See also his site http://www.klein.com/thermd
The HA7NET is still on my list.....
Regards Pieter
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HA7Net

Post by Digit »

Hi Pieter,

The HA7Net arrived today! It looks great from what i've seen till now. (=one hour). Really plug-n-play; Ethernet cable - click, 1-Wire sensor - click, and you're done.

I already read the comments of Daniel Klein about the HA7Net, so i figured that the HA7Net would not become a "cat in the sack". It looks very promising; temp sensors seem to be the primary target for the web interface, but with some "low-level" http requests i should get DS2423 support going as well. We'll see in the next couple of days.

Regards,
Robert.
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HA7Net

Post by Willem4ever »

Just returned from my holiday in France, hence my slow response. If there is still questions on this subject let me know.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HA7Net

Post by Digit »

Hi Willem,

I've had almost no time to explore my HA7Net yet, but i do have a question. I will be using the HA7Net for reading 15-20 temp sensors. So i'm looking for a way to do this by means of a SKIP ROM command. The low level Write Block command seems to be the way to achieve this, but i haven't had any time to try anything in this direction.

So any hints or tips in this direction could be very usefull.

Regards,
Robert
bjorn
Starting Member
Starting Member

HA7Net

Post by bjorn »

If you have more than one sensor connected and use the skip ROM command then all devices will respond at the same time and result will be useless. Maybe your intention was not to use skip ROM and have all your 15-20 sensors connected at the same time?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HA7Net

Post by Digit »

Bjorn,

Basically the idea is the following:

All sensors are connected concurrently. AFAIK a SKIP ROM followed by a ConvertT doesn't trigger the sensors to start sending data, but if i'm wrong, please enlighten me!

The sequence in communicating with the temp sensors i'm going to try to accomplish is like this:

- Send Reset;
- Send SKIP ROM;
- Send ConvertT;
- (wait for conversion to complete);
- Send Reset;

and do the following for each Temp sensor:

- Send Match ROM;
- Read Scratchpad.

I think this will be more efficient then doing a Match ROM/ContvertT/Read Scratchpad for each sensor.

I'v tested this (a little bit) with 2 sensors connected to a DS9097 serial adapter and it seems to work.
So now i would like to implement the same sequence of commands on the HA7Net.

Hence my question if this was done before with a HA7Net.

Regards,
Robert.
Lager
Starting Member
Starting Member

HA7Net

Post by Lager »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Digit</i>
<br />Bjorn,

Basically the idea is the following:

All sensors are connected concurrently. AFAIK a SKIP ROM followed by a ConvertT doesn't trigger the sensors to start sending data, but if i'm wrong, please enlighten me!

The sequence in communicating with the temp sensors i'm going to try to accomplish is like this:

- Send Reset;
- Send SKIP ROM;
- Send ConvertT;
- (wait for conversion to complete);
- Send Reset;

and do the following for each Temp sensor:

- Send Match ROM;
- Read Scratchpad.

I think this will be more efficient then doing a Match ROM/ContvertT/Read Scratchpad for each sensor.

I'v tested this (a little bit) with 2 sensors connected to a DS9097 serial adapter and it seems to work.
So now i would like to implement the same sequence of commands on the HA7Net.

Hence my question if this was done before with a HA7Net.

Regards,
Robert.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
If this works it is a mayor efficiency improvement. However; if I'm not wrong during the convertion the data line is kept "idle-high" to provide power to the sensors during conversion. Then when the sensor is done with the conversion the line is put low by the sensor.

When you made your test (using two sensors), did you use parasitic power or did you provide external power?[?]

I'd imagine it would not work in parasitic power configuration as the time it takes to perform the conversion is sensor dependent!?

Cheers,
Lager
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HA7Net

Post by Digit »

Hi Lager,

I used 2 DS18S20 sensors with parasitic power. So i wouldn't know what will happen with different types of sensors. I only have DS18S20 sensors here, so i'm not able to test with different types.

Regards,
Robert.
Lager
Starting Member
Starting Member

HA7Net

Post by Lager »

Hi again,

I'll try explain what I meant...
I'm not not talking about different kind of sensors.
Simply that each sensor is converting at different temperatures and will thereby have different conversion times.

But with different types of sensors there different conversion times and accurancy.

However; if one uses external power, this should not be a problem as power is provided throughout the conversion.

Also, one can not be sure that the conversion is completed until the worst case time (750ms, sensor type dependent) has passed even if the data-line is put low.
CLC
Starting Member
Starting Member

HA7Net

Post by CLC »

Since 02/29/2008 there is a firmware update available (1.0.0.22) for the HA7NET.
Changelog reports:
"Added high level support for DS2423 counters."

http://support.embeddeddatasystems.com/ ... id=1&nav=0

Return to “1-Wire Forum”