Measure temp

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
Marcootje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Measure temp

Post by Marcootje »

In my home I have a central heating via air, so there are several outlet units which blow heated air in a room. I would like to monitor the temperature which is blown in the rooms.
I found for example http://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/ but I don't know if this is a good/reliable system.
Does anyone have experience with this system? Or does anyone have another system which I can use?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Measure temp

Post by Bwired »

I think Digit has one, he will answer I guess.
As of my understanding they are very reliable and a good option if you can handle the cables.
Otherwise Oregon tempsensors and RFXCOM is s very good option and can be extended with other home automation devices.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Pieter Knuvers
http://www.bwired.nl <i>Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.</i></font id="size1">
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Measure temp

Post by Digit »

Hi Marcootje,

Are you referring to the Thermochron Server?
I have a HA7Net. I'm using it for 2.5 years now without any problem. So the HA7Net can be considered reliable. There are a few differences between the HA7Net and the Thermochron Server that's on the EDS website front page right now, that are worth considering:

- The picture shows only a single 1-Wire bus (HA7Net: 3 with each another configurable Vcc)
- Maximum Number of Concurrently Connected Devices: 6 (HA7Net: 100)
- Device types supported: DS1921G, DS1921H, DS1921Z, DS1922L, DS1922T, DS1922E, DS1923 (HA7Net: all 1-Wire)

And have you seen the prices of the sensors? Expensive compared to a DS1820 temp sensor and you have to take the sensor to the server to download the logged data inside the sensor to your PC. Thermochron Server is more suitable for data collection with sensors that travel along with the monitored objects (like frozen food etc.). I would go for the HA7Net if i were you. Only disadvantage with HA7Net is that you need to have 1-Wire cables at the locations where you want to collect data. With the Thermochron Server you don't.

For an in-house situation i would choose the HA7Net.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Robert
http://www.hekkers.net <i>Digit's Online Home.</i></font id="size1">
Marcootje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Measure temp

Post by Marcootje »

Thanks Digit, for your information. I don't want cables which I can not hide, so a wireless option is the best. I think I will go for the Thermochron Server with several devices.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Measure temp

Post by drmacchi »

Hi all, i use this topic to do a linked question: i need to measure temp/HR % blowing fron a tube, so i must insert a probe in the tube. i will use oregon sensor : how to create an external probe from oregon THGR device ?

Return to “1-Wire Forum”