Water Monitoring

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
kathekas
Starting Member
Starting Member

Water Monitoring

Post by kathekas »

Hi Bwired

Do you have a 'howto' for your water counter?
My main questions are:

With "The pulse counter is connected to a Dallas TAI8585 Counter." is this the same as the one used in your electricity monitor?
If so what does it could?
I would love to do the same as you have acheieved.

Regards
Geoff
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Water Monitoring

Post by Bwired »

Hi Geoff,
There is some explanation on the page http://www.bwired.nl/Water.asp

Real-time Water Monitoring We use two extra water-counters with a pulse counter. One is installed where the water is entering the house and the other is installed on the central heating system which provides the hot water. The pulse counter is connected to a Dallas TAI8585 Counter. The central for all our Dallas One Wire devices is the LOG08 from MIDON. My self written Home Control System reads the LOG08 and writes all the data to a SQL Server!

The water meter has a pulse switch which gives a pulse on every 0.5 liter water, this gives directly a count on the Dallas TAI8585.
Now I'm using the RFXmeter from RFXcom www.rfxcom.com for sending the pulses wireless to my Home Automation system.

Any more questions let me know?
Regards Pieter
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Water Monitoring

Post by b_weijenberg »

Pieter,

Pulse module for the RFXMeter.

The pulse input module development is nearly finished and will be available in about 2 weeks.
The module has an input for a contact (reed relais or equivalent) and has inputs for a reflective phototransistor (CNY70) or a normal phototransistor.

Bert

Return to “1-Wire Forum”