Alaxa Water meter

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

Great!
Watermeter number 17 operational, lots of members already.
Keep an eye on the leak, one drop every 3 minutes can speed up in an instance. So it's better to repair it soon!
Soon the charts on you online site then ?
Regards Pieter
Jfn

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Jfn »

The leak is very small, so small at first I did not see it. Then suddenly I heard a drop falling. I started to listen for where it came from, but I had to wait several minutes for the next drop to fall.

When I redo part of the plumbing I will also mount an extra watertap so that whenever I want to remove the watermeter I do not have to drain the pipes.

For daily waterconsumption: Check my avatar.

And graphics: Ofcourse, as soon as the database has filled with more entries then the current two.

Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
Jfn

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Jfn »

Just checked for any leaks in the plumbing I did yesterday and there are none!

It is nice to know how much water you are consuming. For example, just flushing the toilet takes 6-7 litres.

@Bwired: What do you store in the database concerning water-consumption? I store the time, counter and difference between the current and the previous counter values in an SQL database. I do this on an hourly basis.

Costs in the graphic are based on E 0,87 per m3 of water used (1 m3 equals 1000 liters)

And talking about graphics:

[img]http://[/img]

Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

Very nice!
BTW, maybe i missed it, but how do you count? 1-Wire? Or RFXPulse?
Jfn

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Jfn »

I use 1-wire for counting (By means of a Dallas 2423 counter from Hobby Boards)
The counter is connected to a 6-channel master-hub (Also from Hobby-Boards) which in turn is connected to the domotica PC through a serial cable.
I use OWFS (http://www.owfs.org) to read all 1-wire stuff. OWFS has some nice perl/php interfaces available, so the 1-wire stuff easiliy integrates into your webpages.
I use ChartDirector from Advanced Software Engineering (http://www.advsofteng.com) to do the graphics. Still a lot of fine-tuning to do there (besides obtaining a license; It really is a nice piece of software).

One thing I intend to do also is to describe how I hooked-up everything. Schematics, instructions etc ...

The next step is fitting the watermeter for the hot-water supply. I am waiting for the arival of another 1-wire counter board from Hobby-boards, so no need to rush.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Digit</i>
<br />Very nice!
BTW, maybe i missed it, but how do you count? 1-Wire? Or RFXPulse?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jfn</i>
@Bwired: What do you store in the database concerning water-consumption? I store the time, counter and difference between the current and the previous counter values in an SQL database. I do this on an hourly basis.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">The same as my Energycounter I store 1 record per hour and update it every minute. I keep as much data in the record as I can, this will be very fast for quering. I show like years of usage on my site.
Btw: I would make the bars Blue, its cold water. Use the red one for the hot water.
Regards.Pieter
Jfn

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Jfn »

Done!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Btw: I would make the bars Blue, its cold water. Use the red one for the hot water.
Regards.Pieter
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
Jfn

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Jfn »

Today I checked and there was about 1 liter of water in the bucket (after about two days). I fastened some nuts a little extra. Hopefully this will take care of it.

Replacing piping is something for this saturday. I hate to do plumbing when it is dark outside. I will be using fast-fit couplings ('knelfittingen') where possible. Soldering is too much hassle in the confined space where I have to work.

Lennart

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Lennart »

Hi Jfn,

If you don't trust your soldering, you could always opt for this product:

http://www.waakzaamwonen.nl/catalog/pro ... tarterskit

(But it would probably take some soldering to install... ;-)

Lennart
Jfn

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Jfn »

Well, fastening the nuts again yesterday seemed to have done the trick

I know one thing for sure, I will only resort to soldering if there is no alternative.

Yesterday I bought a lot of stuff to be able to reroute some of the piping. Fast-fit couplings are not cheap, but are easier to install. Some of the piping running underground is not fixed to the concrete anymore, so I will have to cut some old piping and replace it with new piping. This also has the advantage that should I need to solder it, it gives better results than the old piping (oxidized on the out-side and therefore more work to make the solder stick to it).

Wireless is an option, but it is only a meter or 2 to the fuse-box (where the domotica PC is located), so a short wire will do. No need to go wireless there.

esschenk

Alaxa Water meter

Post by esschenk »

Hello,
i want to order a alaxa watermeter
whats the type number of the meter
that the most of the members use.

thanks
ed
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

Hi ed,

Just give them a call, tell what you want to use the meter for, they will know exactly what you need; you're not their first domotica-customer [:D]
esschenk

Alaxa Water meter

Post by esschenk »

Thanks digit,

i give them i call
ed
beerygaz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Alaxa Water meter

Post by beerygaz »

Guys, my 1st post on the forum, and hello from South Africa. I'd like to add an Alaxa meter to my installation, but they don't ship internationally. I wondered if there is a forum member that may be able to help me out or offer some advice on where I might source such meters?
Antoon

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Antoon »

I have buy my meters here,also a lot cheaper :

http://www.gioanola.it/

- Antoon

<h6>

Return to “1-Wire Forum”