Alaxa Water meter

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Hi,

I see for monitoring water, there is an option teh alaxa watermeter, with pulse. How do I connect it to for example a ds2423 (hobby-boards) counter?? Is it just one cable form the water meter to the dq of the ds2423??

Where can you buy such a meter?? What does it cost?

regards Richard
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

The cable coming from the water meter: 1 wire is connected to +5V, the other one is connected to A or B input, just pick one that's still free.

http://www.alaxa.nl

Price: Not that much. I can't recall anymore, bought too much domotica stuff...but it's not expensive, cause then i'd still remember.

Robert.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

I asked for price, it is 40 euro, for a cold water with pulse diameter 15mm

over the connection with 1-wire, is the a or b signal and the other one ground, and optional +5v for power? So form a water meter you have the signal, on a or b and than 5 v power? and no ground?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

The cable coming from the water meter has only 2 wires, since all it is, is a switch actually; open most of the time, closing every x liter (depending on the version you have). One of the water meter wires goes into the +5V on the hobbyboards counter connector, the other one goes to either the 'A' or the 'B'.
You can use a small power adapter to supply the +5V or batteries maybe. And the - of that goes to the GND of the counter.
You can't do anything wrong.

Robert.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Well I ordered one from alaxa, so i next week you will here from me

Richard
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Well i have the alaxa water meter, i guess the brown wire is the 5v and the white, de data dq?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

My watermeter wire has Red & Black, so now you tell me... ;-)
Sometimes a drawing can say more then a complete white paper on this topic:

You could also connect the 'A' wire to the 'B'. But then you'll see another counter counting...
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Digit,

I asked that i have different colors on my wires, but i doesn matter they said because it is a reed contact.

I going to buid it behind my water meter in my waterput this weekend, you will here from me
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

That's right that does not matter. once 0.5 liter of water gets through the Alaxa meter those wires get connected (pulse).
I think you have the same water meter as I have, bought them a couple of years ago with the same company.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Well it works..(soon pictures) now I have still a question, is there a tool or some other wat to reset the counters back to 0?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

I'm not really sure perhaps depends on your type of 1-wire counter, try removing the battery? But why do you want to do that just start counting you have to handle it in your software anyway. Your 1-wire probably counts till around 65535 (see your technical specifications) and starts with zero again.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

well this is the output

Dec 08 12:42:18 Sensor 0 C: 17.12 F: 62.83
Dec 08 12:42:18 Sensor 1 #0 360506
Dec 08 12:42:18 Sensor 1 #1 34865987

the biggest value is where the watermeter is put. The battery cr2032 is soldered, so not easilly to grab. It#347; a hobby-boards ds2423 dual counter
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

I Think you don't have a problem for a long while.
It has four 32-bit, read-only counters, 0 through 4,294,967,295 If I'm right, please other members correct me if wrong :-)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

Yes, the DS2423 has 4 32-bit counters.
But with the hobbyboards-counter you can only use 2 of them.

And AFAIK there is no way to reset the counters to 0 other then the way Pieter mentioned.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

wel today I thought lets make it nice, and connect it to my domotica computer. So put some cat6 cable and make made it possible. Than I checked and it didn work, took another laptop form downstairs, and this works.. strange, everything tried and than I got the problem, the pc was domocitca pc was running on electricity the one that worked on battery. With som checking that is it, so I have a ground problem.

Now I have to solve it??
I using this scheme for the 1-wire, with the ds2423 form hobby-boards connected, with external power on the same randaarde

http://martybugs.net/electronics/tempse ... rdware.cgi

Return to “1-Wire Forum”