Accuracy 1-wire sensors

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
Jfn

Accuracy 1-wire sensors

Post by Jfn »

A few days ago I finished soldering my 1-wire stuff from Hobby Boards together (6-channel master-hub, temp/humidity/solar sensor and a dual counter) and up to now I have been observing the measurements from the temp/hum/solar sensor.

I found out that the humidity sensor seems pretty accurate. It gives out humidity readings that are within a few percent of what my weather-station is displaying.

The temperature sensor however is a different story. It seems to be off by an average of 1 to 2 degrees. Measured temperatures are up to 2 degrees too high. Not that it really bothers me, I am mainly interested in the temperature course during the day, but I am just curious about why it behaves like this.

The Hobby Board kit has actually two temperature sensors, the DS18S20 and the DS2438 (which has an embedded temperature sensor). Both are displaying nearly equal readings.

I do get read-outs of the solar-sensor, but I have not yet tried to convert the readings from the sensor to actual W/m2 values.

Is there anyone who is experiencing the same behaviour with 1-wire temperature sensors?

Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
Mhwlng

Accuracy 1-wire sensors

Post by Mhwlng »

the other components on the board get warm -> warming up the sensor

I use a separate DS18S20 for room temperature
I only use the 'internal' temperature for the humidity calculation...

Marcel

Return to “1-Wire Forum”