Effectiveness of domotica for security?

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
jrest
Starting Member
Starting Member

Effectiveness of domotica for security?

Post by jrest »

Does anyone know anything about the effectiveness of domotica for security? E.g. what is the detection rate, etc. I found lots of personal experiences, but no scientific supported results.

The context is that a social housing corporation may be interested in experimenting with domotica, but there are also alternatives. Why would they / should they not experiment with domotica for security?

In addition, is this the right forum to ask, or are there better places?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen
raymonvdm

Re: Effectiveness of domotica for security?

Post by raymonvdm »

It just depends on the needs of the customer. If you want to switch on the lights for time x when the door opens you can also use your security system for that.

What type of security are u looking for, do you want to prevent burglary or do you want a bed sensor to monitor a patient?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
jrest
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jrest »

The goal is prevent, stop and catch burglars in social housing apartments.

The end user is in this case a collection of several hundred renters of a social housing corporation. The corporation could provide (sell / lease / rent, etc) domotica to their renters. The idea is that each renter can use the domotica to design the best security system for their individual needs:
- alarm resolution;
- assets to protect;
- sensitivity of detectors;
- focus on prevention, stopping or on catching burglars, etc.

If necessary, the housing corporation could adapt the apartments to better accommodate the domotica, and e.g. share good practices.

To be clear, at this point they are not searching for the best set-up for one apartment. They are trying to find out whether this could (not) work?

Again, thanks in advance.
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

My advice ... use 2 separate systems ...

You can integrate your security system IN your HA system, but I would never let my HA system act as a security system.
HomeSeer - PlugWise - RFXComm - Philips Pronto TSU9800/9600/9300

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”