motor cylinders

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
Bastiaan

motor cylinders

Post by Bastiaan »

Did anybody install a motor cylinder in his house and control it with software? (like this one:http://www.knssecurity.be/products.php?id=40)

I want to use the remote of the Powermax/Homeseer system to open my door in a safe way.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

motor cylinders

Post by Snelvuur »

http://wiki.binkey.nl/Doors dont know if you seen that one.. (taken from one of the forum posts)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bastiaan

motor cylinders

Post by Bastiaan »

Thanks! Din't see that one. It seems a much cheaper option. Does the Abus open both locks or only the bottom/night one? Can it be used by the PowerMax / Homeseer /RFXCOM combination or does it need additional options? (in case I order one for testing)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

motor cylinders

Post by Snelvuur »

if you read it, you can see that you can open up another keyfob and hook it up to a device (visionic or 1-wire etc) then hook it up to homeseer. Basicly what the lock does is, it goes over your current (allready fitted) key. And it simple turns the key. So i would think it only does 1 lock (but it can put it on nightstand if the lock has that option)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bastiaan

motor cylinders

Post by Bastiaan »

To open and to unlock the door with my Visonic keyfob / powermax, I need two Marmitek UM7206?
I see there is an interface unit for the Abus an idea what it does?
Bastiaan

motor cylinders

Post by Bastiaan »

Just saw this interface on 'waakzaamwonen": http://www.waakzaamwonen.nl/catalog/pro ... -interface

It seems a bit easier way of interfacing then using the remote with custom wires. Anybody experience with this?

Bastiaan
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

motor cylinders

Post by Snelvuur »

Hmm yes indeed. I only dont know if you need wires at your door then, but if thats not the case its a good option.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bastiaan

motor cylinders

Post by Bastiaan »

Yes I think you will get wires on the door. It also has an option to charge the unit.
quote website:
De kabelgebonden besturing elimineert mogelijke storingen bij de draadloze overdracht (b.v. de noodfunctie openen bij radiografische storingen).
end quote
I don't mind the wires as long as it gives me a solid system.
Now I have to decide how to interface it to my Powermax Pro. Marmitek 7206 2x or the one wire system Erik uses.

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”