Aritech Advisor cd34

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
Francois

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Francois »

Hi,

I like to interface my Aritech Advisor CD 34 security panel in some way to Homeseer. In that way I can benefit from a dozen of sensors allready installed.

In my opinion there are two methods to do this:

1. The nice way,
using the built in communications port and a plug-in. I have read through various posts on this matter, but nobody seems to have this working.

2. The nasty (but faster) way,
Using some kind of interface board with analog inputs that connect to every sensor input. On this topic some thoughts and questions:

The sensor are two wire types with anti-tamper protection. They are connected is series with two resistors so they can actually report 4 states:

0 ohm -> tamper by short circuit
4k7 ohm -> door closed
9k4 ohm -> door open
~ ohm -> tamper by cut wire
To read the status for these contact I think the only way is to use an analog input reading the voltage on the sensor inputs of the panel.

Any other ideas?

The security panel has 12 inputs, can anybody recommend an i/o board that:
Has 12 analog inputs (and some digital I/O)
Can be connected through ethernet
Has a plug-in for homeseer
Is reliable
Is affordable
Appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

Francois
Herbus

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Herbus »

Hi,

I would not connect an interface board to the analog (sensor) inputs.
I think it's more reliable and safe to place one ore more Aritech output boards into the CD34 and connect these to an interface board that's connected to Homeseer.

As you mentioned the best way is to connect the panel by a serial connection. I didn't found a suitable plug-in yet.
I use the ATS (Advisor Master) from GE/Aritech and have the same problem. Until now I'm still investigating the possibilities to write an own plug-in an connect it by TCPIP.

Success,

Jos
Francois

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Francois »

Jos,

Thanks for the input. You mentioned a output board that connects to the CD34. Do you have a partnumer or some background information? I like to do some reading and figure out if this is an option.

Let me know when the plug in finished, I am happy to serve as a test user.... :)
Herbus

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Herbus »

Francois,

I'll check for information at work tomorrow. The CD34 is an older panel and i'm not sure what (spare) parts are still available.

Grz.

Jos
Herbus

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Herbus »

Francois,

The CD34 panel has standard 4 outputs. It's not possible to extend the panel with more outputs [:(]. With the Aritech/GE CS and ATS series you can.

Jos
Francois

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Francois »

Jos,

Thx for the info, I was already expecting this because I had not seen such a board before (but I am still dissapointed. I am exploring another option at this time, via Marktplaats I found a company that is considering creating a small PCB that will be positioned between sensors and CD34. It will be transparant to the CD34 (the four devices states will be mainted 0 ohm / 4k7/9K6 /open) but will also offer a additional output that can be connected to a DI board.

I'll let you know if this initiative will ever see daylight, and how to get it.

Greetz,
Francois

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Francois »

Yes, the home built interface is working!

Yesterday I instaled the last components and sucessfully connected the CD34 Aritech panel to HomeSeer. I can now read all sensors connect to the security panel.

The setup looks like this:

Sensor input (4 state: short circuit, wire disconnected, contact open, contact closed) --> connected to an ATMEL Tiny 13 A/D convertor with built in code that triggers an output depending on the voltage --> connected to a homebrew optocoupler board for isolation --> connected to a Digital Input of a DigiBee+ board --> connected to the HomeSeer PC that runs a homebrew interface that reads the digibee board and updates the HS device status accordingly.

Francois
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Herbus

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Herbus »

Great work! I'm in the middle of writing a Jscript program for my Aritech ATS.

Homeseer 2.2.66
ACT TI203, DooNetwork
erik_bies
Starting Member
Starting Member

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by erik_bies »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by herbus</i>
<br />Great work! I'm in the middle of writing a Jscript program for my Aritech ATS.

Homeseer 2.2.66
ACT TI203, DooNetwork
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Great, looking for something similar. Any progress?
Herbus

Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by Herbus »

Started with Jscript and moved to VB2008. In the middle of the development. Was about ten years ago that I developed my last programm. A lot of research again.

Homeseer 2.2.66
ACT TI203, DooNetwork
DOMoor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Aritech Advisor cd34

Post by DOMoor »

Quite some time ago, the last update here...

Would be interesting to hear whether anyone has used similar hardware (4 state analog to digital, optocouplers, digital inputs to RS232 or USB) as way to provide sensor status input to VERA.
So option 1/ A/D convertor with digital I/O tot PC (or VERA ?)

Alternatively, would be interesting to learn whether anyone has been successful in creating a VERA plug-in to read a sensor-status over the RS485 link provided in the Aritech CD3401
So option 2/ would be no new hardware, just a working plug-in and therefore preferable.

With option 2/ still not available:
It may get to the point where it is easier and less costly to replace the alarm's central unit by one that is supported with a VERA plug-in.
So option 3/ buying a new central unit, for example a GENetworX N-6 or Aritech ATS to replace the CD3401 and wire the existing sensor to the new unit.

Regards,

Turk4U2

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”