homeseer as burglarysystem

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Sooty, those were Professionals ! Normally fuc.. home thieves have trousers and tshirt....Best defence is good alarm system , with Professionals BAD dogs (learned to not accept food from foreigners, and to attack on order/emergency)
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

At the risk of going off-topic a little.

I don't think that you can do much about the determined professional gang of crooks, but as you say a small-time villan will probably think twice about targeting a house with good security. I think that the first security measure is not to display your belongings in a manner that will attract the wrong sort of people. A little difficult in a business because you want people to see what you have.

Here in the UK there has been an increasing number of reported house break-ins where the theif takes only food from the kitchen! I didn't think it was so bad here that it was necessary to steal food.

Paul..
allycentury
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by allycentury »

Hello all security/HA folk,

I am writing as I read your post with interest. I am making a film for Channel 4 in the UK about Home Security and keen to speak with people who are utilising the latest HA technology alongside other security measures perhaps including IP CCTV, perimeter security, access control..

I would be very grateful to hear from anyone interested in imparting their knowledge who is based in the UK with a great security system in place.

All calls are completely confidential and without further obligation.

Please see our website for further information about the kinds of films we make: centuryfilmsltd.com

ally.roberts at centuryfilmsltd.com

Ally Roberts
centuryfilmsltd.com
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Sooty your one of the Brits, we love to see you on the telli [:D]
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">@Sooty:
I notice that with the Visonic sensors there are some quite large price differences between UK suppliers and between NL and UK suppliers.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks for the tip Sooty, these are indeed even lower than the ones I found. Good to know.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think that the first security measure is not to display your belongings in a manner that will attract the wrong sort of people. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Very true and much more important than having a security system in the first place. Making sure all your expensive belongings aren't visible from the street is a much more effective deterrent for starters.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Here in the UK there has been an increasing number of reported house break-ins where the theif takes only food from the kitchen!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">That is just as crazy a phenomenon as people breaking in just to get your copper tubing. ;)<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">@Bwired:
Sooty your one of the Brits, we love to see you on the telli <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Although we'd love to see you on TV Sooty, I'd think twice about showing the world/country my security system and it's features. ;) The 'unknown' factor still is one of the strong points of a good security system imho. You might want people to know you have one but you don't want them to know how it operates.

Cheers,
Esteban
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Sooty your one of the Brits, we love to see you on the telli <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Although I have quite a bit of HA and security related stuff and of course I am a Brit, I'm not so sure that my setup is worthy of TV coverage and I'm not at all convinced that I want the world to know about it. Perhaps I will get in touch with those people and just see what's involved first.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Thanks for the tip Sooty, these are indeed even lower than the ones I found. Good to know.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I find it strange that there is so much variation in prices for the same product just within the UK. I suppose it's the same in NL. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">That is just as crazy a phenomenon as people breaking in just to get your copper tubing. ;)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">This is a true story that happened about 6 months ago.
Just 0.5km from where I work is a large electricity sub-station. One Sunday morning a man walking his dog nearby thought there was a strange smell coming from the sub-station so he went to investigate. Just inside the fence he discovered the smoulering remains of a body clutching a saw.

This fool had only been trying to saw off the copper busbars! I'm not sure what voltage was going through them but it must have been quite a bit.

Obviously he deserved what he got, but it does make you wonder what lengths people will go to.

Theft of copper cable is a big problem here at the moment. Trains are often delayed and cancelled because the copper signal cables have been removed overnight by theives.

Paul..
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

God Save The Queen! I can't believe that , these facts are usual in Italy, but Uk too.... incredible. When i've been in London (wonderful City) i was able to count a security cam every 50 meters! And these people are able to take away trains signal cables?

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”