Securing Domotica

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
surf4fun
Starting Member
Starting Member

Securing Domotica

Post by surf4fun »

Hi,

Recently I came in touch with Domotica for the first time and I have to say it's very exciting when you think about what you can automate in your house. Then after reading a lot of posts on forums, including this one, and collecting lots of information on the web, I started to think about the security of this all.

As I'm working as a security officer for Western Europe for a big building material producer, I'm very interested in this topic.

I live and dream security, so the idea that e.g. RF signals can intrude my home automation from the outside in a quite simple way worries me. Someone else can control my home... imagine...

As it is an important part of home automation, I would like to have a discussion with forum members what they did to secure their home automation work.
These discussions should give important information and generate awareness to existing and new (like me) home automators !

Just to give some information about myself:
I'm 34 years old, have been working 7 years in the machinebuilding on both the mechanical as electrotechnical part (lot of PLC experience), the last 8 years (and still) I'm head of IT for NL+BE for a a big building material producer where I'm involved on IT strategy and security for Europe in a complex IT environment (8000+ users).

I hope lots of you pay attention to this topic.
I'm looking forward to improve together with you all the security of home automation!

Edwin

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”