Integra Alarm

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Integra Alarm

Post by Snelvuur »

Do note the website is in dutch.

http://www.osec.nl/index.php?content=145

What i see here is a Alarm system which has support for rs232, and from a co-worker i heard he had the details on the protocol to work with it. Since it was so easy aquired by him, has anybody else worked with this system before?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Integra Alarm

Post by Bwired »

I did not know this panel, will check it out!
The new generation Alarm panels should all be IP enabled. Within a couple of weeks I receive an IP Alarm panel for testing. Will keep you all informed, I don't have any details yet.
Regards Pieter
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Integra Alarm

Post by Snelvuur »

It has a standard module, and also an ethernet module too. Its licensed from some polish company, so i'am told. The only good / nice thing i was interested (maybe) in this, is that they also have a module where you can use a "card" or a "knoopcel" to disable/enable the alarm. Which is pretty nice :)

For now, i think i need to go with the viosonic powermax ones. (because of the rfxcom)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Integra Alarm

Post by Bwired »

Hi Eric,
You are right it has already Ethernet! I'm not sure you can read the sensors with with Ethernet. It looks like its for up- and downloading settings. The same way the rs232 module for the Visonic powermax works. It would be great to see the status of all the sensors etc over tcp-ip.
Regards Pieter
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Integra Alarm

Post by Snelvuur »

I've seen some windows software for it, where you can see a view of rooms with either "green" or "red" color in it. But thats more for the rs232 as far as i know, the ethernet port seems to be for outside use with for instance a mobile phone. These modules are optional in some packs (you can get them later if you start with only the rs232) i think the ethernet part is 150 euro. Dont know if you can change it, it works with firmware's.
flexer

Integra Alarm

Post by flexer »

I'm also considiring this alarm system for my new house. Other systems that are on my short-list:

- Honeywell Galaxy G2-44
- Honeywell Hometronic
- Visonic Powermax.

I would like to have some integration with home-automation features. Only the Powermax and Hometronic system do support this out of the box. The G2 however is a more serious alarm system.

The Satel Integra seems to have good feautures for both worlds: a serious alarm system and an ethernet TCP/IP interface to connect it to a computer for management functions and status reading and a possible integration in a home automation system.

There is a lot more info available on the manufacturers' website:

http://www.satel.pl Check the 'manual' section with all kind of technical manual.

If somebody has some experience with one of the above mentioded systems, please let me know...

Regards,

Flexer
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Integra Alarm

Post by Snelvuur »

I only know that you can use the visonic receiver for rfxcom to work with the powermax. Your stating that this system has support out of the box. Are you mentioning this or something else (i'am not that up to date with visonic though)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Integra Alarm

Post by Bwired »

It's great that more and more Alarms panels getting IP enabled. However I don't think the IP panels will charm the Home automation people yet. An Alarm panel needs to be very secure so I think a lot of options won't be accessible the way we want it, or you can only work with a special delivered program and no interface available. We want all the sensors to have multiple function etc. The way we can now work with the Visonic receiver is still quit unique, haven't seen it anywhere else. Howeever I think that the Visonic company is not happy with the Visonic receiver! I think there is a market and a great opportunity for the company's building alarm panels to combine Security and Home Automation. Hope to hear on this forum what the above panels can do and that my argument is wrong!
Regards Pieter
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Integra Alarm

Post by b_weijenberg »

Pieter,

I guess Visonic is also happy with the RFXCOM receiver because it adds some nice features to their product without bringing the security of the Visonic alarm panel to a lower level.
The Visonic keyfobs use a rolling encrypted code that makes it impossible to control the alarm panel by replying a recorded message.
Using the Visonic security sensors with a dual function, for security and for use in the HA system makes them more attractive.

Bert
flexer

Integra Alarm

Post by flexer »

What I'm looking for is a security system that can share its status and that of the attached sensors to an external (domotica) system. Status sharing doesn't imply that the secure way an alarm system operates will be breached.

The more 'serious' alarm systems do use a bus structure like RS485 and ECP to communicate with external devices. I'm not that expercienced in alarm systems. But is anybody aware whether these bus structures are useable to interface with a domotica system through some sort of conversion?

Regards,

Flexer
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Integra Alarm

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">b_weijenberg Posted - Today : 12:41:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess Visonic is also happy with the RFXCOM receiver because it adds some nice features to their product without bringing the security of the Visonic alarm panel to a lower level.
The Visonic keyfobs use a rolling encrypted code that makes it impossible to control the alarm panel by replying a recorded message.
Using the Visonic security sensors with a dual function, for security and for use in the HA system makes them more attractive.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Hi Bert,
Yes you are right about that, I think the same, as I said it's a great addition to the Visonic alarmpanel, still can't find anything about it on the Visconic site strange enough.
flexer

Integra Alarm

Post by flexer »

Has somebody already more information about the Satel Integra security panel? I've contacted the Dutch 'importeur', but they are not very helpfull if you are an enduser. They only provide information to their registered installers.

However, the polish mother company has some realy good information on the website and even has the possibility to download some of the programming and monitor software. Looks impressive!

But still no pricing information... Does anybody know a pricelist of this security panel?

Flexer
binkiem

Re: Integra Alarm

Post by binkiem »

Is there already some experience with Satel Integra. Or more specific with the interface between HS3 and the Integra?

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”