Woonveilig

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
tdegrunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Woonveilig

Post by tdegrunt »

Hi,

Perhaps the Woonveilig alarm system is too "simple" for most people here, but here is some information anyway:
- It's a rebranded CTC-1716 by Climax Tech
- It has a web interface
- Can be easily programmed through web interface
- Allows for XML messages, which allow you to customize most (if not all) settings
- Can do without the standard subscription
- Can report (through checking in) system status
- It uses wireless sensors and panels on 868 Mhz
- Has water, smoke detectors

If anyone is interested, I can provide some of the XML messages (commands).

Cheers,
Tom
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Woonveilig

Post by Bwired »

I remember this panel, some years ago I did some advising and testing for KPN who wanted to launch this product ..... never happened.
Now the system is called woonveilig and lauched outside KPN. It has potential for domotica!
Nice that the panel can be configured with an XML etc.
Most important for us is that we can use the available sensors also realtime for Domotica purposes.
So if the alarm panel is not active (or active) sensors can be used for switching on lights or see if area is vacant.
Is this somehow possible? If not, this is easy to create by woonveilig and give the panel much more value!
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
tdegrunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tdegrunt »

All I've been able to do so far is talk to the system through XML. Like when it sounds the alarm, it reports through XML which sensor caused the alarm.
I've not tinkered with any of the sensors directly, nor opened up the panel.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

If i remember correctly the Woonveilig alarmpanel has a Network connector. So very nice to configure the panel, put the alarm On and Off and send some messages etc.
But for Domotica we need everytime the status of a sensor regardless if the alarmpanel is activated or not.
So most of the members of this forum use Marmitek or Visonic.
Visonic for example has no Ethernet and can not be configured so easy as Woonveilig but there are thirdparty receivers available like rfxcom who can receive all the Visonic sensors.
This makes the Visonic very popular.
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

Bwired wrote:Visonic for example has no Ethernet and can not be configured so easy ....
When using the RS232 interface and software visonic is a lot easier to configure ;)
** edwin **
Yddub
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Yddub »

Dear ......,

Just bought the Woonveilig system and works just fine for me.
I am no expert on the field of home automation but I saw it was a re-branded CTC-1716 unit from Climax Tech.
Is there a way to take over the virtual woonveilg subscription\service. Saves me 8,95 a month.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Yddub
sourceror
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sourceror »

Hi,

Just bought the WoonVeilig system as well. I would like to see what I can do with it, outside of the intended usage. :)

In other words, if I can make it talk to my own server instead of the WoonVeilig server, I could:
- save monthly fee
- do some real home-automation with it

Other option is to use a JeeNode to try to sniff the communication between base station and devices. Based on that I can switch lights when a IR detector signals.

I am very interested how to login into the Alarm Panel website and/or the XML messages mentioned by the original poster. Could you share it with us?

Regards,

Mario
sourceror
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sourceror »

Just got the WoonVeilig system. Like it.

Yesterday I was tinkering with it to see what else I could do with it.

Found some interesting information on: http://www.symetrix.com.au/climax-vesta ... ation.html
You can login to the box at the assigned IP number. You can then log in with admin, admin1234.

After this you can control the box without going to woonveilig.nl.
Now I will check what you can do when you replace the URL's so that it communicates with my own server. For that I have to understand more of the underlying communication protocol.

I am interested if one of you already knows or accomplished more.

Regards,

Mario
Evert2311
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Evert2311 »

Hello,

I have a wireles alarmsystem from woonveilig (CTC-1716) and beside that a klikaanklikuit light system
Is there a way (or product), when my woonveilig gets a alarm, that it will send a signal to switch on the lights of my KAKU system.
The alarmsystem is on 868 MHZ and klikaanklikuit on 433 MHZ
sj3fk3

Post by sj3fk3 »

Evert2311 wrote:Hello,

I have a wireles alarmsystem from woonveilig (CTC-1716) and beside that a klikaanklikuit light system
Is there a way (or product), when my woonveilig gets a alarm, that it will send a signal to switch on the lights of my KAKU system.
The alarmsystem is on 868 MHZ and klikaanklikuit on 433 MHZ
They only way to do this is to detect that there is an alarm by reading the status of the CTC-1716 and then activating the KaKu lights. This could be done with a rfxcom setup together with domotica software like HS or domotiga. I'm wondering if anybody did do more dissecting of the protocol woonveilig uses..
Kind Regards,
Greg.
sj3fk3

Post by sj3fk3 »

tdegrunt wrote:Hi,

Perhaps the Woonveilig alarm system is too "simple" for most people here, but here is some information anyway:

Cheers,
Tom
In fact I am very interested in what you already know and or.. If there are people who know more. I would love to integrate this system into my domotiga setup.
Kind Regards,
Greg.
goedh452
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by goedh452 »

sj3fk3 wrote:

Cheers,
Tom
In fact I am very interested in what you already know and or.. If there are people who know more. I would love to integrate this system into my domotiga setup.
I found this old post and was wondering if it is still possible to communcate with the Woonveilig alarm system. I would be very interested in the XMLs.
DrDice
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DrDice »

- It has a web interface
- Can be easily programmed through web interface
- Allows for XML messages, which allow you to customize most (if not all) settings
- Can do without the standard subscription
- Can report (through checking in) system status
- It uses wireless sensors and panels on 868 Mhz
- Has water, smoke detectors

Cheers,
Tom
I know this is an old post, but are you still able to provide the XML messages?
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

The change that this user will respond is very slim because he Last visited:04 Oct 2010 17:46
Bram
DrDice
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DrDice »

AshaiRey wrote:The change that this user will respond is very slim because he Last visited:04 Oct 2010 17:46
Maybe someone else got the XML commands :-)

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”