Bwired Doorbell Camera

Forum about Questions, discussions and announcements regarding the Bwired website owned by Pieter Knuvers
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />Yes but privacy laws forbid people to put other peoples faces/picture online without there consent. Thats what i think is current, i could be wrong.
You can easily get around this, by placing a sticker or something saying that people are on film once entered.

Its also that if you see a thief on your cams at night at the neighbour and he didn't give consent to film his property then its not applicable in court as evidence.

But like i said, a sticker should be more then enough, but dont pin me down on it ;-)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You might be right, but aren't online galleries (Flickr) full with pictures of people who haven't giving their consent to put their faces online. Interesting subject though ....
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Snelvuur »

Yes but your camera is purely used to grab the peoples faces, instead of being a "overal picture of a surrounding"

O well, we can have a big discussion, i would say place a sticker.. and if nobody complains.. **** it
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Willem4ever »

Pieter, do you (already) have an image to show the quality of this gadget?
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Snelvuur »

Isn't it possible to just place the "eye" in the door, but the gadget on the inside? So to just have the camera in the door and the rest still the same..

like:
http://www.netcase-security.com/webstor ... asp?ID=629

Something like that, and nothing more? Although i think that you dont see alot since they have to be in front of the door at all times.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

No yet implemented, I have seen the stream and it looked very good, not sure however it handles very bright light.
As soon as possible I will put a picture online, but then you can see it on Bwired also.

It's possible to put small cam through the door but you have to take care of the wiring etc and my door is mostly glass [8D]
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Snelvuur »

How about the angle? You need one that is pretty big angle right?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

It comes with accessory so you can place it with the right angle (pointing toward the center of the door)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Snelvuur »

I'am checking the "inbouw" module since i can still order such a thing.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

This is the piece which goes behind the camera module. Both modules are from solid steal.

Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

Hi all,
I found the images I took from altering the Kenwei KW-136M Pin-hole camera. As I told above the doorcamera has a small relay inside which was initially for door openers. I used this relay for the doorbell contact (pusher). So if someone pushes my doorbell the relay is activated, my normal doorbell is ringing, an X10 or Visonic signal is send to my domotica system, The camera is directly taking pictures or making video's, a signal is also sanded to two extra doorbells located in the kitchen and office and finally everything is logged in the database and set on my website

In the first picture you see the adjustment on the circuit, the green wires are the result. I disconnected the small Push switch button from the circuit and use this button for switching the relay which is also already present on the circuit board. I disconnected every contact from the button except the GND(-). So I use the switch button which is normally for opening a door as a doorbell switch.
One green wire goes from the buttom to the relay and the small green wire comes from the power (+ 12 volt) point of the circuit, this is just for feeding the relay with 12 volt.

I disconnected the relay from the circuit board by scratching a print circuit, so the relay has no connection with the circuit anymore.
Connect the two green wires to the relay, and check if the relay is switching once you push the button. So this relay now can be used as doorbell switch which you can connect to a Xanura or Visonic module.

The kenwei Doorcamera has standard a 4 way connector:
Red - Audio
Blue - GND
Yellow - Power 12volt
White - Video

You need to handle the extra wires from the relay for the doorbell.

If you want you can even connect the audio to your home automation system and record the outside sound when the doorbell is pushed :-)
Sanka

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Sanka »

Hello Pieter,

Interesting modification. How did you connect the video signal? Is it a straight forward connection or did you have to make modifications here too?

Regards,
Remko.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

Right, I made some modifications above.
Sanka

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Sanka »

Hi,

I thought the modifications above were only for the relay.
I was just wondering how you connected the video signal to your system.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

I'm not sure I understand you right. I did not make any modifications for the Video. There is already a video out signal that normally goes to the Door-unit with the little screen. Now I connect this video out signal to my AXIS 241Q Videoserver or any other device with a composite line in.
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by phoenixb »

Hi,

Is now for about 3 years later ;-) But i have a question about the doorbellcam.
What is for now your experiance for now and have you same sample pics what the cam can made?
Grtz,

Return to “Bwired Forum”