Bwired Doorbell Camera

Forum about Questions, discussions and announcements regarding the Bwired website owned by Pieter Knuvers
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

<b>Bwired Kenwei Doorbell Camera</b>
I'm working now on a small doorbell camera which comes in place of the standard doorbell contact (pusher). I bought a doorbell unit Kenwei KW-136M/C which is very small and has a good CCD pinhole camera. Normally this unit only works with a base station. With a view small adjustments it works great in a normal setting. The device has also a small relay inside which was initially for door openers. I used this relay for the doorbell contact (pusher). So if someone pushes my doorbell the relay is activated, my normal doorbell is ringing, an X10 or Visonic signal is sended to my domotica system, The camera is directly taking pictures or making video's, a signal is also sended to two extra doorbells located in the kitchen and office and finally everything is logged in the database and set on my website
I have some more detailed picture of the way I adjusted the Kenwei, I put them online as soon as I can find them back [:(]
<b>Kenwei KW-136M Pin-hole camera Specifications:</b>
<ul><li>Pin-hole camera</li>
<li>Outdoor camera with diaphanous, cabinet and handsome design</li>
<li>Anti-disassembly outdoor station</li>
<li>Aluminium outdoor panel, magnesium with ruggedization, and With weather-proof cover</li>
<li>Image Device: 1/3” Color/B&W CCD</li>
<li>Connectable Product: Applicable to all products</li>
<li>Wiring: 4-wire</li>
<li>Angular Field of View Len: Horizontal: 90 degree Vertical: 70 degree</li>
<li>Min. Illumination: 0.01Lux (300mm from camera)</li>
<li>Operating Ambient Temperature: -40 +70 Degree</li></ul>www.bwired.nl/Doorimages.asp

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by TANE »

Pieter,
Did you place the order directly by Kenwei?
Can't find any European reseller or price information..:(
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

Hi Chak,
I ordered the doorcam module at www.topprevent.nl
Paul the owner is also member of this board.
Pop him a mail, he is extremely helpful and has a wide range of doorcam modules http://www.topprevent.nl/public_html/ca ... n%20Posten
Regards Pieter
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Willem4ever »

Thanks Pieter, this is helpfull. Looking forward to see the result of your implementation ...
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by TANE »

Pieter,
thank you for the url.
they have lot of other nice products.
Kenwei is a very interesting product, also the price.
Only problem i have is the location of the current doorbell it's a bit from middle. I will never get focus.

looking forward to see your results.

Enver
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

Hi Chak,
The have add-ons to make a angle, so the camera looks sideways.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Snelvuur »

Pieter,

Is this then a camera to see the person from the front if there standing at the door? Instead of what you have now from above and the back?

Erik
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

Hi Erik,
Yes, the pinhole CCD camera is in the small opening just left above the pushbutton.
I'm not completely sure about the quality and the possible wide angle. But normally if somebody pushes the doorbell they look directly at the button. If I take directly a image at that moment (it will probably a second later) then it could be a nice picture :-)
regards Pieter
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Snelvuur »

I think you would be too late if you grab a picture.. :) but a bit sideways is enough to identify a person too.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

I think if I use a Visonic sensor in combination with rfxcom it takes about 1.5 seconds including grabbing the image of my Axis 241Q videoserver. This Axis server is very fast. We will see, at least I have a better image then now, but I would be a big laugh to have a close-by front image :-)
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />I think if I use a Visonic sensor in combination with rfxcom it takes about 1.5 seconds including grabbing the image of my Axis 241Q videoserver. This Axis server is very fast. We will see, at least I have a better image then now, but I would be a big laugh to have a close-by front image :-)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">The Axis takes and saves a picture in approx 260 ms (just measured it), have never done any work on timing visonic devices. Obviously there will be a delay, but i guess the total time grabbing and detecting will stay below 1 sec.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Snelvuur »

If you place the pictures of the front of people online on the bwired.nl site. Isn't that against the law then? because of privacy crap? Just a thought.. (i wouldn't care less)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Bwired »

Yes I know, thoughts are crossing my mind once in while. I don't know it? It's on my ground and my Bell :-)
As long nobody complains.......
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />Yes I know, thoughts are crossing my mind once in while. I don't know it? It's on my ground and my Bell :-)
As long nobody complains.......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Maybe a simple message would suffice, it is not that you are forcing people to ring your doorbell, it is afterall their own choice .... alternatively they could knock on your door, or break some window(s) to get your attention :-)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bwired Doorbell Camera

Post by Snelvuur »

Yes but privacy laws forbid people to put other peoples faces/picture online without there consent. Thats what i think is current, i could be wrong.
You can easily get around this, by placing a sticker or something saying that people are on film once entered.

Its also that if you see a thief on your cams at night at the neighbour and he didn't give consent to film his property then its not applicable in court as evidence.

But like i said, a sticker should be more then enough, but dont pin me down on it ;-)

Return to “Bwired Forum”