voicerecognition in dutch

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

voicerecognition in dutch

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

I am looking for the best voice recoginition option In dutch to control HS3. I have been looking at several solution, such as

- Google voice api via RPI (Steve Hickson)
- Amazon ECHO
- The dutch HA solution on kickstarter (I thought also google voice api, don't know the name...)
- SIRI Homekit solution, somebody is creating a HS3 plugin bridge

Somebody successfully implemented one of these solutions successfully, and have other solutions?

Regards

Bart

Dragon
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: voicerecognition in dutch

Post by r_255 »

http://voxcommando.com/home/

i am running voxcommando on hs2 with a kinect as array mic, but if i am right it should also run with hs3.
It should support dutch language ( based on windows api ), but not using that. It was the best thing i ever got running and is very flexible.

It's pretty good to use and not so hard to extract values, so its easy to make a command set temprature to xx degrees for xxxxx room
Iphone integration isnt that good, but on android there is a nice app that runs in the background for easy usage.

Dutch is nice for commands, but if you want to control your media there is a problem.
English names and dutch voice recognition don't seem to go together pretty well.

I did not find one working solution for dutch siri and apple seem to close up everything very thigh, for me homekit intergration
would be great but i got tired waiting for it.
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

I use Dutch for VR but i made the software myself to do so. It runs together with HS2 on Win7
Bram
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

r_255 wrote:http://voxcommando.com/home/

i am running voxcommando on hs2 with a kinect as array mic, but if i am right it should also run with hs3.
It should support dutch language ( based on windows api ), but not using that. It was the best thing i ever got running and is very flexible.

It's pretty good to use and not so hard to extract values, so its easy to make a command set temprature to xx degrees for xxxxx room
Iphone integration isnt that good, but on android there is a nice app that runs in the background for easy usage.

Dutch is nice for commands, but if you want to control your media there is a problem.
English names and dutch voice recognition don't seem to go together pretty well.

I did not find one working solution for dutch siri and apple seem to close up everything very thigh, for me homekit intergration
would be great but i got tired waiting for it.

looked into this in the past, but I see it now supports dutch. going to test a bit. Do you have an example config?

thanks
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

I dont have a example config, but setting it up was easy. Install the hs2 plugin ( voxcommand ) and the tenholder server plug for homeseer ( see that you already have that running )

Open up the edit window

I had to say: generate payload devices x m l ( Buy you can also push the green play button behind the line )
and it creates your homeseer devices and dumps them into a xml file.

The notepad like icon makes you see what commands are behind the voice command
like a osd msg, TTS, phyton stuff or a simple http:// command ( tenholder>homeseer ) and much more that makes it very flexible in its use.

Now you also see :

TURN {1} {2}

Thats the voice command for the switching a device.... where payload {1} is your homeseer device name and payload {2} contains the value on/off

So usage would be : TURN KITCHENLIGHT ON/OFF

I am still experimenting with it, and i dont use the payload files..... i rather make my own exclusive commands to prevent false triggers
and use hard coded tenserver commands. My device names are kind of a anglo dutch mixture and hard to recognise by speech api's

Its the same story with the Events, just make sure you named all proper and delete those you don't want to be voice active out of .xml file by hand.
Hope it makes some sense.

Cheers,

Robin
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Robin, i played with it this evening also made discreet scraper get calls. Which work pretty good. However i have issues with recognizing while having background noises such as tvs etc... And i guess some latencies. I use a usb audio card via usb passthrough in an esxi host so thats why i guess. Need to improve my audio setup i guess, maybe i also try the kinect.

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Nice, so you got it running... ! Latency is also something i have with homeseer events but not on my domoticz setup it runs pretty direct.
But take note that i am running all this on a relative lightweight setup. Atom330, with homeseer, eventghost( events ), prowl ( notifcations ) and voxcommand ( voice )

For example, triggering a relais on the ippower takes 9 seconds to kickoff if i do it the homeseer2 route ( no difference between hst or voxcommando route )
if i call the door opener direct thru a http command its 2 or 3 seconds.

And yes i also had a lot of false positives, if i am right the idea is to let voxcommand sleep and not listen till you wake it up with a magic word
Recognition works okay here even with some music/tv in the back ground. No it isnt perfect, but sofar the best i ever have got running and very flexible in its use.

Make sure that you understand your mic level needs to be lower than expected to have a good recognition, i guess this is a mather of testing. Voxcommand people love the amulet remote, but i am fine with the kinect i had laying some where.

Also have a look at eventghost it could be a easy way to intergrate devices that dont have hs support.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hi,

The latencies are not in Homeseer bute in audioinput (computervoicelike when recorded...) This has something todo with USB throughput in ESXI. When something is recognized, it switches lights in less than a second. I am looking for an other microphone possibly the amulet.

thanks

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”