HS3 NFC (RFID) support

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

raymonvdm

HS3 NFC (RFID) support

Post by raymonvdm »

I just found a NFC tag and i can program it using "NXP TagWriter by NXP" and i`m able to open YouTube using the written commands. I would like to use the NFC tag to open a specific page on HSTouch but how can i do this?

I want to add a TAG to each room so i can scan them when i enter the room and see all items the room has to offer me

[video]http://files.raqxs.nl/domotica/nfc/video.mp4[/video]

[video]http://files.raqxs.nl/domotica/nfc/video.mp4[/video]
Last edited by raymonvdm on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
vincenttor

Re: HS3 NFC support

Post by vincenttor »

Thats cool, haha, want it :P but i guess it has little use at my place.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

You only have one room ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Antoon

Post by Antoon »

When you run HS3 you can take a look at BLControl.
With this plugin you can use NFC tags.
- Antoon
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Antoon wrote:When you run HS3 you can take a look at BLControl.
With this plugin you can use NFC tags.
Thanks, I will have a look at it
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Well no,i can see the functionality when entering a room add this tag that it opens up the right control page on HStouch for example.
But since in every room i will have a windows tablet mounted on the wall it should be sufficient i think.
Still great things to do with it
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

A kruidpad (kruidvat tablet) in every room is to expensive for me and outdoor tablets are a rare thing :-) So for now i will try the NFC way
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

yes for outdoors i can imagine some functions ;)
But for inside ill keep it on tablets since when friends come over to sleep or family they need to be able to control the lights and not all have HStouch on there phones haha ;)
It will be a investment to put up 6 tablets indeed but i do not have to buy them all at once.
At least thats what i say now, haha.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

You can use the API homeseer provides to do a get request through a url. This request can be a event, or switch a device.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6752 met Tapatalk
groeten,
Harry
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Phaeton wrote:You can use the API homeseer provides to do a get request through a url. This request can be a event, or switch a device.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6752 met Tapatalk
Can you provide some more information on this? I have tried BLControl but it costs 50 Dollar and my devices are not shown (It looks unstable) even after i added them (each device must be add one by one) and i would like to use NFC only to open a specific HSTouch page :D

Note: I'm also having issues with scanning mij nfc chips using blcontrol, there working ok with other nfc apps
raymonvdm

Re: HS3 NFC (RFID) support

Post by raymonvdm »

I have made a little progress and now did the following

- Scan TAG using AutomateIT (Android App)
- Create AutomateIT rule
- Let AutomateIT preform a HTTPget of a JSON url
- The scripts runs (sometimes)

Although i`m sending a username and password in the url the browser still wants me t o log in before executing the JSON request. :shock:

Code: Select all

http://homeseer.domain.com/JSON?user=tsdfwerasdf&pass=rftfgesdfrtsdf&request=runevent&group=Life&name=TakeAShower_JSON
Update:

Code: Select all

http://tsdfwerasdf:rftfgesdfrtsdf@homeseer.domain.com/JSON?user=tsdfwerasdf&pass=rftfgesdfrtsdf&request=runevent&group=Life&name=TakeAShower_JSON

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”