Windows 10

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

Windows 10

Postby raymonvdm » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:34 pm

I`ve found out that there is no real topic about Windows 10, so i created this one :D

I have reinstalled Windows 10 but i`m having some issue to get the house going

- USB Driver issues as stated inthis topic
- Plugwise Source webserver is only running when started as Administrator
- HS3 seems to be running without issue as a NON administrator user
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
raymonvdm

Re: Windows 10

Postby rovinge » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:52 am

My experience on Win 10 with the above is:
- Initially no issues starting HS3Pro on Win 10 here as non-admin - however, later on I got the dreaded "could not find scheduler.dll" error so starting it as admin again.... To date I have no found a proper solution for this one.....
- USB drivers I had to reload one old driver to control the Xanura PMIX for the A10 plugin.
- Plugwise source - I have abandoned this one since I am using the Plugwise Plugin Pro.

Next, I am using:
- MS/Sysinternals autologon
- Silex USB servers to connect to remote USB dongles/devices over UTP (e.g. Xanura PMIX)
- RFXCOM RFXTrx 433 MHz USB
- Daventech 8-USB poort to control ITHO ventilation through remote.
- Hardware: Zotac Nano ci323 with 128 SSD and 8 GB memory (Zotac can run with 16Gb max confirmed, but for now I do not need that)

Just got a RFXCOM FRXTRX 8xx MHz delivered; not plugged in yet, but will be soon.

Roel
rovinge

Postby raymonvdm » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:41 am

- I also have to start the HSTouch designer as Administrator because otherwise it cannot push to client (files access denied in program files)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
raymonvdm

Postby Edwin2008 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:40 pm

There is a German tool called runas, I think from mastcomputers.de. With that you are able to run a specific program as administrator without having admin rights on whole system.
** edwin **
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby raymonvdm » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Edwin2008 wrote:There is a German tool called runas, I think from mastcomputers.de. With that you are able to run a specific program as administrator without having admin rights on whole system.

It is also possible to set this in the properties of the link ¨run as administrator¨ :D
raymonvdm

Postby Edwin2008 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Than you still have to enter password. Not with runas
** edwin **
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Postby abl » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:37 pm

When migrating to Windows 10, I had quite some issues with HS Touch designer (my HS3 runs on another server). After a clean install of Windows 10 (and not upgrading from Windows 7) everything worked again...
abl

Return to Homeseer algemeen Forum