more secure sunrise lights off settings

Homeseer Forum in het Nederlands (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Ruud

mrqnapper

more secure sunrise lights off settings

Post by mrqnapper »

Hi,

In my HS3 system I have an event running which switches off the light in house and outside at 8 in the morning. But at this time of year it is still dark at 8 in the morning. So than its very annoying when suddenly all the lights go off while your in the middle of your breakfast :) Before I used the sunrise settings but to me they seemed not that secure or resulting in leaving the lights on too long when its already light outside and inside.
I can imagine there are better ways to deal with this. Since I have a fibaro multi-sensor in the living room maybe it can be used to fine-tun things a bit (movement)? Also I have a KIKA dusk/dawn sensor in my office which might be useful?

So how are you dealing with this?

Wiechert
vincenttor

Re: more secure sunrise lights off settings

Post by vincenttor »

make an event which says if sunrise is active and dusk/dawn sensor is at dawn then switch off lights
or if sunrise is active and dusk/dawn sensor is dusk turn on lights
not sure how to use the pir sensor in this story, it is probably testing see what's the best solution.

im not sure how the dusk dawn sensor works but if you have a arduino for example and connect a LDR which i think is in the dusk/dawn sensor also.
From the LDR you can see the resistance in HS3 and then you can set a limit what you think would be enough day light , to switch of your lights.

i have the same at my parents with all the curtains and luxaflex if thats even a English word :roll:
sometimes the program says the sunset is active and its still very light in summer times, curtains close.
I do have it set 15 min after sunrise or sunset but every day is different so probably this sensor solution would be best.

to busy with other more important things at the moment so i cant guarantee that it works
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Henk_J

Post by Henk_J »

In HS3 just use these statements. It will always automatically adjust the times to the correct ones.

IF The time is 1h, 0m, 0s before sunset. (15:28:57)
IF The time is 1h, 0m, 0s after sunrise. (9:43:37)
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Henk_J wrote:In HS3 just use these statements. It will always automatically adjust the times to the correct ones.

IF The time is 1h, 0m, 0s before sunset. (15:28:57)
IF The time is 1h, 0m, 0s after sunrise. (9:43:37)
thats what i have but it does not solve the problem because at summer days its much longer light enough to keep the curtains open or lights off
so a ldr will do, like bwired posted, pretty cheap and easy to put in your system probably

Return to “Homeseer algemeen Forum”